NEW new Madone 2025

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Keep in mind the SL8 has dropped stays and a much shallower post than the Gen 7 Madone so to say the IsoFlow does nothing is short sighted. With the IsoFlow they were able to give the bike with longer seatstays a similar or better aero performance than other bikes with dropped stays, and also allowed it to be as compliant as bikes with thinner posts.
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

spartan

by spartan

also new madone slr ships with new tires. extra 3.7 watts savings. LOL
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Are you being serious or fecetious? I'd love to see them move away from that entire range of Bontrager tires, heard something about TREK working with Pirelli on a new line of OE tires for their road bikes but unsure if that's true.

Bikes in 2026 will be advertised with watt savings attained from a special shoe/speedsuit/helmet conbination (sold separately)?

Lina

by Lina

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:06 pm
chase7545 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:00 pm
ichobi wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:23 pm
remember that Trek’s tunnel protocol is quite different than whats used in the Tour

Trek uses full manequin. Tour use lower half only. Trek uses two bottles, Tour uses one. Trek said they are going for the most realistic riding condition, hence full body and two bottles.

I guess thats why the gen 7 doesn’t test that well in Tour? When they released the bike they made some crazy saving claim like 15w but they compare to gen 6 madone , with the gen 7 which has a narrower cockpit.

If you do this with a full manequin obviously it’s going to be faster. Given that Tour doesn’t account for arrow drag saving of narrow bar (lower half manequin), Trek is at a disadvantage in Tour test but is supposedly quite faster than that 207w irl.

So if they can hit that number with the Madone 8 it would be cool. I guess with Tour we will be seeing 209-210w.

It’s not light though. 800g on black. So add another 50-100g for another color.
So if you take out the aero bottles and assume 209 that exactly matches the Sl8 in the tour test. That means the iso flow does nothing besides compliance because specialized accomplished the same thing without it while also being slightly lighter. Basically this is a slightly heavier sl8 but possibly more comfortable to ride.
SO :roll: posting is comparing gen7 to gen8 possible results and you bring up SL8.. :noidea:
Well SL8 is pretty much the bike to compare all other race bikes to.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

David Arthur has entered the chat

chase7545

by chase7545

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:06 pm
chase7545 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:00 pm
ichobi wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:23 pm
remember that Trek’s tunnel protocol is quite different than whats used in the Tour

Trek uses full manequin. Tour use lower half only. Trek uses two bottles, Tour uses one. Trek said they are going for the most realistic riding condition, hence full body and two bottles.

I guess thats why the gen 7 doesn’t test that well in Tour? When they released the bike they made some crazy saving claim like 15w but they compare to gen 6 madone , with the gen 7 which has a narrower cockpit.

If you do this with a full manequin obviously it’s going to be faster. Given that Tour doesn’t account for arrow drag saving of narrow bar (lower half manequin), Trek is at a disadvantage in Tour test but is supposedly quite faster than that 207w irl.

So if they can hit that number with the Madone 8 it would be cool. I guess with Tour we will be seeing 209-210w.

It’s not light though. 800g on black. So add another 50-100g for another color.
So if you take out the aero bottles and assume 209 that exactly matches the Sl8 in the tour test. That means the iso flow does nothing besides compliance because specialized accomplished the same thing without it while also being slightly lighter. Basically this is a slightly heavier sl8 but possibly more comfortable to ride.
SO :roll: posting is comparing gen7 to gen8 possible results and you bring up SL8.. :noidea:
Yep, I don't know what's confusing about branching out the conversation to include one of the bikes that this new madone is most similar to for comparison purposes.

Seamanatorr

by Seamanatorr

From my local Trek dealer Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Works SL7 RTP

spartan

by spartan

Our fastest Bontrager tire ever

Race day is every day with the fastest-ever Bontrager tire. The all-new Aeolus RSL tire saves 3.7 watts in rolling resistance over R3 TLR, and saves riders even more watts in aerodynamics.

But a huge increase in speed and aerodynamics aren’t the only noteworthy characteristics of Aeolus RSL. Its 320 TPI cotton construction with light and strong fibers provides top-shelf suppleness by better conforming to road surfaces. Pair all of that with additional sub-tread puncture protection, and Aeolus is ready to take your fastest customers to the podium.

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:20 pm
Are you being serious or fecetious? I'd love to see them move away from that entire range of Bontrager tires, heard something about TREK working with Pirelli on a new line of OE tires for their road bikes but unsure if that's true.

Bikes in 2026 will be advertised with watt savings attained from a special shoe/speedsuit/helmet conbination (sold separately)?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

$16999 is for a special paintjob
SLR electronic only, SL5 comes with mech 105
OCLV 900 for the SLR, OCLV 500 for the SL
“Faster” than the Madone Gen7 (as a whole system with aero bottles)
32mm tire clearance
6 sizes “within millimeters” of H1.5. XS/S/M/ML/L/XL rather than 47-62cm. Lower min saddle height on XS than a 47cm, taller max saddle height on XL
New barstem with “chonky” tops
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

spartan wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:52 pm
Our fastest Bontrager tire ever

Race day is every day with the fastest-ever Bontrager tire. The all-new Aeolus RSL tire saves 3.7 watts in rolling resistance over R3 TLR, and saves riders even more watts in aerodynamics.

But a huge increase in speed and aerodynamics aren’t the only noteworthy characteristics of Aeolus RSL. Its 320 TPI cotton construction with light and strong fibers provides top-shelf suppleness by better conforming to road surfaces. Pair all of that with additional sub-tread puncture protection, and Aeolus is ready to take your fastest customers to the podium.

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:20 pm

LOL nice. I was just looking at the Pirelli TLR RS and I assume this is going to be a re-branded version of that given TREK and Pirelli's relationship in the last few years. Hopefully its a good tire and tubeless compatible, the R3 tires that came on my Madone SL were not TLR and pretty unremarkable, and the R4 is their top of the line tire which also isn't tubeless ready and I think even maxes out at a 25mm. I've liked Bontrager MTB tires but their road stuff has been pretty much junk for years IMO. I don't know what the current R3 tests at but i don't imagine 3.7w will be enough to get into conpetition with other top tier tires

Gen 7 already claimed at 7.36kg with old Red, so that 6.99 figure does make sense given what we know about the new frame. I wonder if the watt savings from the bottles and the tires is factored into their claim it's as fast as the Gen 7, seems pretty dishonest to me if they go that route

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:04 pm
LOL nice. I was just looking at the Pirelli TLR RS and I assume this is going to be a re-branded version of that given TREK and Pirelli's relationship in the last few years. Hopefully its a good tire and tubeless compatible, the R3 tires that came on my Madone SL were not TLR and pretty unremarkable, and the R4 is their top of the line tire which also isn't tubeless ready and I think even maxes out at a 25mm. I've liked Bontrager MTB tires but their road stuff has been pretty much junk for years IMO. I don't know what the current R3 tests at but i don't imagine 3.7w will be enough to get into conpetition with other top tier tires

Pirelli doesn’t make a 320tpi cotton tire. That description almost certainly means Vittoria (aka the Lion factory in Thailand.) If Vittoria does make a tire for Trek that is in between the Corsa Pro Speed and Corsa Pro, that might be interesting, but from my own experience the Corsa Pros already puncture too easily.

I think all or most of Trek’s current vulcanized tubeless tires are made by Maxxis/CST.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

That's true, I think the current Bontrager R4 is 320tpi cotton case so maybe stems from that. I'm pretty sure my source at TREK who has been giving me some hints mentioned at some point that there would be a Pirelli made RSL tire. I also assumed Pirelli because the TREK race team has used Pirelli tires for a few years now (despite TREK having made the Bontrager tires for years) and even the Prototypes they ran which turned into the RS, I believe were designed with feedback from the team. If you zoom in on the photo above showing various models on the Shimano equipped SLR bikes the tire logo especially on top looks like the -Pirelli- one you see with the line before and after

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equi ... e/p/12300/

On the other hand, TREK have never shown or worked with Vittoria so that would be surprising
Last edited by cleanneon98 on Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hannawald

by hannawald

Is there a price for the SLR frameset? Is it offered in team color? Thanks!

LondonCycling

by LondonCycling

Anyone who wants to know more, there's about 30 minutes of video content on Trek University now - lots of videos/images. Easy sign up just pretend you work for a bike shop.
Factor O2 - cracked twice
Emonda SLR 7
Emonda SL 6 Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

proffate

by proffate

So how many grams that you saved on the frame do you gain back with these aero bottles and cages?
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:59 pm
e: 32mm tire clearance
IIUC trek clearance figures include 6mm gap on all sides, whereas other manufacturers spec 4mm (did I read that on this forum?), so this is actually 36mm clearance...?
Last edited by proffate on Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.