NEW new Madone 2025

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

It's neither an eight nor infinity. Sigh.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Won

by Won

chase7545 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:12 am
IMG_2981.jpeg
Purported promotional material being sent to trek dealers.
This is brilliant imo haha.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

twoangstroms wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:29 am
your right... just a Venn diagram
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Won

by Won

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:13 am
twoangstroms wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:29 am
your right... just a Venn diagram
which seems intentionally rotated to depict 8. Thus gen 8.
Last edited by Won on Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

rhender wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:11 pm
cleanneon98 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:36 am
Tiforlife wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:35 am
I could see a few unhappy customers who've ordered a P1 Gen 7 that they won't receive until after the newer and cheaper Gen 8 has arrived.
If I had a Gen 7 on order I would be a VERY happy camper right now if this is really the replacement, with the shallower post it's looking like 350g is a decent weight savings but according to the weights above it's still heavier than other do it all bikes and doesn't appear it'll be as aero either though time will tell. I know that both the 350g weight savings and a single digit watt change are likely inconsequential on the road for an average rider but as a Gen 7 owner its disappointing to see the Madone swing so far towards the Emonda with just one generation change. I still think it looks more balanced than the SL8 and given the choice I'd still skip the Spesh again.
I had the same thought when I read that. Unless this hypothetical purchaser just wants the latest and greatest from Trek specifically, I don't see how a Gen 7 purchaser would be anything but happy they bought the bike when then did.
I'm hoping there are some sales on the gen 7 upcoming. Unless the 8 somehow tests faster, I don't care about a few hundred grams. As somebody looking for an all out aero bike, the gen 8 ain't it.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:57 am
rhender wrote:
cleanneon98 wrote:
Tiforlife wrote:
I could see a few unhappy customers who've ordered a P1 Gen 7 that they won't receive until after the newer and cheaper Gen 8 has arrived.
If I had a Gen 7 on order I would be a VERY happy camper right now if this is really the replacement, with the shallower post it's looking like 350g is a decent weight savings but according to the weights above it's still heavier than other do it all bikes and doesn't appear it'll be as aero either though time will tell. I know that both the 350g weight savings and a single digit watt change are likely inconsequential on the road for an average rider but as a Gen 7 owner its disappointing to see the Madone swing so far towards the Emonda with just one generation change. I still think it looks more balanced than the SL8 and given the choice I'd still skip the Spesh again.
I had the same thought when I read that. Unless this hypothetical purchaser just wants the latest and greatest from Trek specifically, I don't see how a Gen 7 purchaser would be anything but happy they bought the bike when then did.
I'm hoping there are some sales on the gen 7 upcoming. Unless the 8 somehow tests faster, I don't care about a few hundred grams. As somebody looking for an all out aero bike, the gen 8 ain't it.
sales on what? if your lbs has some on stock, which isn't very likely, then sure. few months ago i could get a gen6 (from whatever leftovers remaining) but not a gen7..

the marketing angle indeed is brilliant - very simple yet 'cool'. and what's best, explaining everything one needs to know about it.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

cajer

by cajer

Any news on an Aeolus wheel update?

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Yeah sales on Gen 7 are gonna be tough. My local TREK store still had an old Force equipped Gen 6 they were willing to wiggle on but nothing on 7. I got 10% off through my LBS but the trouble right now is on the website a lot of the configurations are sold out in many sizes, so if you can't find one in a store it can't be ordered cause they aren't making more, I would assume.

There were deals on the TREK site for the old SRAM red equipped bikes but not sure what colors and sizes left.
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

Tiforlife

by Tiforlife

chase7545 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:12 am
IMG_2981.jpeg
Purported promotional material being sent to trek dealers.
That's cropped. Below the 2 colliding galaxies is something like you'd see as a representation of 2 colliding black holes, which is more like an 8/infinity than that inter locking circles logo at the top.

The funniest thing to me (maybe it's a euro vs US mentality thing) is for the planned customer sneak previews they want people to sign NDAs and surrender mobile phones.. Like, it's currently on my TV 6 hours a day, and it's a bike not a cancer vaccine.

Tiforlife

by Tiforlife

BikeTyson wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:57 am
rhender wrote:
cleanneon98 wrote:
Tiforlife wrote:
They've sold through stock to the extent they don't even have any for warranty replacements - you may find the odd one on a shop floor and if it's older gen SRAM and/or Segafredo rep then there's a deal to be had but don't expect loads of discounted stock appearing.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Gonna suck for me if something warranty related happens with my Gen 7 and they don't have a replacement that I want 😞 hopefully no issues and if they do pop up, it's in half a decade when we come full circle back to aero bikes again
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

spartan

by spartan

passed by my friend bike shop. one of his VIP customer got the last of the gen7 PI. sweet paint but as is 17lb's
Attachments
IMG_1287.jpg
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Paint is really good but man that front end looks bad with all of those spacers.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I'd take that bike and love and cherisch every single gram of it's weight :oops:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

spartan wrote:passed by my friend bike shop. one of his VIP customer got the last of the gen7 PI. sweet paint but as is 17lb's
Garish, yet I can’t take my eyes off of it
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium