NEW new Madone 2025

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Sounds like we all know what we mean. The DT to me reminds me of a regular round shape on the leading edge but with a slightly flattened trailing edge. Hard to tell with that color and reflections.

This photo kinda sucks but the reflection on the logo and DT just make it look round like my 2016 Emonda was
IMG_5987.jpeg
Another shot I got from a friend I hadn't posted
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 4.28.46 PM.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 4.28.46 PM.jpeg (45.29 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.5kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

proffate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:18 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:22 pm
The tall BB shell area? That’s already present on the Madone Gen 7 and the Domane RSL.
I see you are correct but every build I can find a picture of still has a gap of 5cm or so below the st bottle, unlike on that gravel bike. Perhaps the fd interferes with dropping the bottle lower, but that gravel frame doesn't support 2x.
I'm around 15mm on Gen 7, could go lower without interfering with FD if the cages allowed it.
IMG_6507.jpeg
I had XXX cages on my SL and they did not sit as nicely
IMG_6508.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

proffate

by proffate

cleanneon98 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:43 pm
proffate wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:18 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:22 pm
The tall BB shell area? That’s already present on the Madone Gen 7 and the Domane RSL.
I see you are correct but every build I can find a picture of still has a gap of 5cm or so below the st bottle, unlike on that gravel bike. Perhaps the fd interferes with dropping the bottle lower, but that gravel frame doesn't support 2x.
I'm around 15mm on Gen 7, could go lower without interfering with FD if the cages allowed it.
IMG_6507.jpeg

I had XXX cages on my SL and they did not sit as nicely
IMG_6508.jpeg
yea the SLR pic looks like what I'm talking about. I think that would satisfy the voice in the back of my head without forcing me to fiddle with unround bottles.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Welcome to Lens Weenies!

No disrespect meant; I'm learning.

Is there speculation about official unveiling of whateverthisis, aside from assuming "at the Tour"?

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Nero Podcast take (if anyone listens) at 14:00 mark - https://youtu.be/g-_0X5K6FLY?si=NCn4TE9U0qHzpw9c

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Who wants to bet that normal bottles in the aero cages will be slower than normal bottles in practically any other cage? There's going to be a big ol' gap at the slanted bottom of the cage for air to tumble around in.

alanyu

by alanyu

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:54 am
Who wants to bet that normal bottles in the aero cages will be slower than normal bottles in practically any other cage? There's going to be a big ol' gap at the slanted bottom of the cage for air to tumble around in.
From aero side, no. Those aero bottles are perfectly sheilded by DT, so as the gap induced by the normal bottles. Remember with normal cages, gap is still there, and arguably, the arm of the normal cages kicks out of DT, adding more drag than the aero cages with the same round bottles.

However, from rider side, I bet yes. One needs to be more careful/distracted by putting back the bottles.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Think BMC has a bicycle DT that fully shields the bottle in one their builds...

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Watching the Gen 7 presentation again they actually mention around 4:15 that the downtube is designed to aid air flow around bottles - https://youtu.be/6z4KLk7iErI?si=QXDpsM1Qb1g2fJQE

I wonder if the new system is going to make up for what look to be aero losses elsewhere. I already thought that TREK using the position change on Gen 7 to advertise the 60 seconds per hour faster was a bit cheesy but if they do incorporate the bottles into the advertised improvements of the bike, I don't quite like that.
IMG_6526.jpeg
IMG_6522.jpeg
IMG_6524.jpeg

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Overhere all things Trek are super expensive. No matter if it's just a handlebar. I don't think it matters what they do because as long as they charge *2 more for Madone with Force than Canyon Aeroad with same components, it's really not OK. I think i can order a Pinarello with Force for same or cheaper actually.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

chase7545

by chase7545

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:16 am
Nero Podcast take (if anyone listens) at 14:00 mark - https://youtu.be/g-_0X5K6FLY?si=NCn4TE9U0qHzpw9c
Thanks for sharing. They bring up some great points that I agree with. If Trek combines the emonda and madone like we're 99.9% sure of, they are offering just 2 road bike options (and one they pitch as a hybrid endurance road/light gravel bike) which will be the fewest of any of the big bike brands including specialized who started the combining bikes trend (sl8, roubaix, aethos). When it comes to high end road bikes, people have strong preferences on what they are looking for in terms of both looks and what's going to serve them best on the terrian they ride on. I think it will end up being a big mistake to say this is our one high performance road bike offering take it or leave it. IMO what they should have done to cut back skus is released this as the new emonda, kept the current gen 7 madone, combined the domane/checkpoint, and offered 1 stock bike color in each bike config with project one as an option if you want anything different.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

There IS a chance this this is a new Emonda, the Madone is getting redesigned and surprise released, and the Checkpoint becomes the Nomade and/or merges with the Domane, at least that's what I'd like to see. I know they said "Mads was riding it so it HAS to be a Madone" but I don't agree that that has to be the case. If they got this new bike close to the Gen 7 then he can sprint on it with confidence cause I've seen the SL8 winning sprint stages too, and maybe they will drop a 200w Madone on us with no warning.

It really doesn't make sense to have the overlap of the Domane and Checkpoint but to slim down the road lineup, then again I don't really care for gravel and someone else may want TREK to make a new gravel bike with suspension

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Checkpoint remains, the new bike at Unbound may or may not be a Checkmate. When Trek said they wanted to reduce the number of SKUs they really just mean road.

ChairmanJiang

by ChairmanJiang

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:57 pm
There IS a chance this this is a new Emonda, the Madone is getting redesigned and surprise released, and the Checkpoint becomes the Nomade and/or merges with the Domane, at least that's what I'd like to see. I know they said "Mads was riding it so it HAS to be a Madone" but I don't agree that that has to be the case. If they got this new bike close to the Gen 7 then he can sprint on it with confidence cause I've seen the SL8 winning sprint stages too, and maybe they will drop a 200w Madone on us with no warning.

It really doesn't make sense to have the overlap of the Domane and Checkpoint but to slim down the road lineup, then again I don't really care for gravel and someone else may want TREK to make a new gravel bike with suspension
Stop your fantasies, the launches to dealers have all been done, it's the gen8 Madone.

ichobi

by ichobi

Been in the press webinar today.

It’s “alright”. I am not particularly impressed but overall a good direction for Trek.

Aero bottle is a crutch.

Believe Chairman. What he said is all correct.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com