Tadej Pogacar’s Giro Crash: Final Nail in the Hookless Coffin?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

So, i received the E1 shifters today. They came in a kit meant to replace the shifters for those who already have AXS brake calipers.

They also returned my Tyre Wiz units. Unfortunately, the rear one leaks now. It must’ve been damaged during the blowout. Another Tyre Wiz that I have always reads exactly 14.5psi high. What are you going to do?

Anyway, they definitely took care of me as a customer, although I’ve heard nothing else from the about the cause of the blowoff.

I think I need a break from SRAM at least on my road bike. I did pick up the basic Lauf Seigla with Apex AXS and I really like it a lot. But, for my primary road bike, I’ve gone back to Shimano and Enve for now.

As such, probably going to sell these fancy new shifters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cat4forlife

by cat4forlife

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:17 pm
They also returned my Tyre Wiz units. Unfortunately, the rear one leaks now. It must’ve been damaged during the blowout. Another Tyre Wiz that I have always reads exactly 14.5psi high. What are you going to do?
If you're using the original TyreWiz, replacing one or both of the smaller O-rings, and applying a tiny bit of grease around the O-rings, might fix the leak. I have damaged the o-rings in the past when pulling/inserting the TyreWiz gauge onto the TyreWiz valve stem and have received replacement O-rings from Quarq. Eventually, i got the specs of the O-rings from Quarq and ordered a bunch from Aliexpress. How often do you compare what TyreWiz tells you with another gauge? My front TyreWiz now reads 3 PSI higher and i only found out after comparing with a Topeak digital gauge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

It actually seems to have spontaneously fixed itself. Idk…. Thanks for the tip. I’ll see if I can fix the leak on the busted one.

I check it against my pump every time I inflate.
Last edited by LedZeppelin007 on Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

toxin

by toxin

What the *f##k*