Yet another narrow bar: Worx Narrow and Super Narrow Bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

No shipping notification, they just showed up on my doorstep. Very nicely finished other than burrs where the ICR ports have been drilled.
Attachments
IMG_5066.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jo.k

by jo.k

Love those, but too pricey for my wallet. Especially love the deep/round drops since I am unable to find the shallow/compact drop aesthetically pleasing. Also, when racing the rounder drop shape enables my hands to reach the brake levers much easier than with the more modern shapes - YMMV.

Look forward to seeing these mounted with levers!

teakay

by teakay

Lina wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:53 am
I've gone down from 41 to 38 to 36 to Ornix in the last couple of years and every step has been an improvement both in terms of aero and comfort on the bike.
How do you find the Ornix's? I have just ordered a set having been rocking 36 Prime aero bars for a couple of seasons. Then just after I ordered them the video of Dylan Johnsons /Silca's aero tests dropped where they found the Enve's faster as the Ornix's hood tilt made his elbows flare outwards. I do wonder if they rotated the hoods inwards too much.

I went with the Ornix as I thought the extra length might help negate the narrow widths reach change &/or allow me to bring my seat forward a little as my SystemSix has a 130 stem and the seat back as far as it will go to get the correct reach on the 15mm setback seatpost.

teakay

by teakay

Lina wrote:
I've gone down from 41 to 38 to 36 to Ornix in the last couple of years and every step has been an improvement both in terms of aero and comfort on the bike.
How do you find the Ornix's? I have just ordered a set having been rocking 36 Prime aero bars for a couple of seasons. Then just after I ordered them the video of Dylan Johnsons /Silca's aero tests dropped where they found the Enve's faster as the Ornix's hood tilt made his elbows flare outwards. I do wonder if they rotated the hoods inwards too much.

I went with the Ornix as I thought the extra length might help negate the narrow widths reach change &/or allow me to bring my seat forward a little as my SystemSix has a 130 stem and the seat back as far as it will go to get the correct reach on the 15mm setback seatpost.

Lina

by Lina

teakay wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 8:19 am
Lina wrote:

I saw the same video and I think they might have rotated the hoods a bit too much. I personally don't notice my elbows flaring. It might also depend on your build and what is a natural position for you. As for the bars I like them a lot.

by 208

teakay wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 8:19 am
Lina wrote:

I think I remember Josh saying that it was due to the way the top were canted/tilted and that may have been why it made his forearms sit a bit funny and flare is elbows out.

Tempted to get a set myself, I like the look of them a lot.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The Ornix’s flare works just fine for me. Perhaps Dylan flared his elbows because his wrist mobility isn’t great. When I look at my riding position, my wrists are ideally pronated about 45deg. My entire arm feels more tense if my hand grip is vertical.

cheapvega

by cheapvega

I think there's way more to it than wrist mobility. With my fit my arms and knees have interference at times on 38cm bars. Narrower bars would make them worse. And I am too old/fat to add more reach

trackflack

by trackflack

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 1:03 am
No shipping notification, they just showed up on my doorstep. Very nicely finished other than burrs where the ICR ports have been drilled.
Very nice!

trackflack

by trackflack

Definitely on the dream bike bucket list

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cheapvega wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:58 am
I think there's way more to it than wrist mobility. With my fit my arms and knees have interference at times on 38cm bars. Narrower bars would make them worse. And I am too old/fat to add more reach
This is where the modern race fit trends help. Slam the saddle forward, raise it, tilt the nose down, extend the reach at the bars, but don’t necessarily lower the stack.

cheapvega

by cheapvega

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 8:55 pm
cheapvega wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:58 am
This is where the modern race fit trends help. Slam the saddle forward, raise it, tilt the nose down, extend the reach at the bars, but don’t necessarily lower the stack.
This is really interesting. Basically trying to imitate a TT bike? How does this affect comfort? Do you have a video or something that can explain more?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

cheapvega wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:29 am

This is really interesting. Basically trying to imitate a TT bike? How does this affect comfort? Do you have a video or something that can explain more?

The most extreme example: https://www.instagram.com/p/C7eavRnIHyB/

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

e4rthm0ver wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:37 pm
e4rthm0ver wrote:
danridesbikes wrote: Hi,

can i ask what your shipping status is? mine is 3 days after yours but currently not showing as shipped, just the tracking added and waiting for seller dispatch

thanks
Same
Suddenly it appeared in Germany Image (I’m in Poland). They sent it via DHL. Maybe I’ll get them before next weekend
Mine arrived this morning, i won't post anymore pics as they are identical to yours, will post pics in a week or so once i get a stem and the 3D spacer for my systemsix sorted, looking forward to getting them fitted,

impressed with the service though :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apr46

by apr46

Took me a minute to get these on the bike. I blame the FSA 130mm stem that did a tour of the US east coast before getting to me late courtesy of USPS. It replaced a 100mm stem i was using with the 40cm Enve SES Aero bars.

and the whole bike because why not.

Ive gone on a few rides with them and I like them quite a bit. The little cutout for the wrist is really nice when getting aero on the hoods and I have no clearance issues with my wrists or anything in the drops. The design works. Out of the saddle climbing felt really awkward for the first couple of hours, almost like the bike was moving out of sync compared to what i was used to. It definitely feels fine and fluid now but took some time.

The bike itself is a custom geo that at ~395mm of stack reach and the stack to the upper bearing cup is ~510mm. The bike was designed for this kind of position, and has a low BB, relatively steep HA, and a front end that results in a trail number in the low 50s. When I designed it a couple of years ago, i assumed bars like these would become available and they kind of didnt until very recently. This is a long winded way of saying that I am not sure how a bar like this will feel on a stock geometry bike, but I am very happy with them on my bike.