2024 Intergrated Giant TCR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jondashun

by jondashun

damond wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm
Complete review soon…this thing is FAST!
Amazing looking bike.
It seems as if you got the stem as slammed as possible.
How much do the spacers that you use add to the stack height specified in the size chart?
Are they the standard spacers?

Earlier in this thread, 15 mm was mentioned as the minimum added to the stack height by the mandatory headset cap and transition spacer.
Can anybody confirm this?

I hate that no manufacturer these days specifies the effective stack height under consideration of mandatory headset top cap and transition spacer.
Last edited by jondashun on Thu May 23, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

as someone who doesn't have long legs - that saddle to bar drop is envious!

enjoy!

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Yes, I can confirm the 15mm extra.

Upcountry

by Upcountry

Not sure what countries will have this option, but CCache in Australia has opened pre-orders for the frameset... Not sure where this would fit in my stable with the SL7 and the Aethos, but man its a looker and if they popped up stateside, I'd be tempted...

https://ccache.cc/products/giant-tcr-ad ... am-edition

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

First real ride with the new TCR. I changed almost everything compared with old to new bike so it feels very different. Cozy... As I mentioned previously, it really needs intense sunlight and the right angle for the finish to appear anything besides pure black.

Advanced pro raw carbon size M
Dura ace groupset + Ultegra crankset.
Avian Canary (built up at bike shop for frame warrenty, giant had me sign a waiver due to the custom handlebar but sounds like warranty is still valid).
Light bicycle WR40
GP5000 S TR 30mm

Seems like J&L Ti+Carbon Clamp (https://www.ebay.com/itm/125287941052) is a cheap way to save some weight for the advanced framset. It looks similar to the current TCR clamp, anyone know if it would be compatible. Looks like the elilee trecento might be in trouble which was the main upgrade path.

Leon

by Leon

Beautiful TCR!

Why not take the SLR seatpost of Giant?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-29 073809.png
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Leon wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 6:39 am
Beautiful TCR!

Why not take the SLR seatpost of Giant?
The Variant SLR only for 2021-2024 models......We will have to wait to see if Giant releases SLR version for the new TCR

Leon

by Leon

Are you sure? If yes than this is my bad. I thought they use the same seatpost.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Leon wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 7:42 am
Are you sure? If yes than this is my bad. I thought they use the same seatpost.
No, the new model has a different section...the biggest change is at the back...the previous one is more "sharp"
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (28.03 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

damond

by damond

steve028 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 pm
certainly looks the part, are the bars similar to the new aero narrow/flared bars that enve and others have?
Yes the new bars are 39cm in the hoods and 42cm in the drops.
jondashun wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:38 pm
damond wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm
Complete review soon…this thing is FAST!
Amazing looking bike.
It seems as if you got the stem as slammed as possible.
How much do the spacers that you use add to the stack height specified in the size chart?
Are they the standard spacers?

Earlier in this thread, 15 mm was mentioned as the minimum added to the stack height by the mandatory headset cap and transition spacer.
Can anybody confirm this?

I hate that no manufacturer these days specifies the effective stack height under consideration of mandatory headset top cap and transition spacer.
I believe the difference in height was 10mm to my previous gen TCR ADV SL but i will confirm. There is one mandatory spacer you have to use on top of the headset dust cover.

trackflack

by trackflack

ItalianEngineering wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 8:37 pm

First real ride with the new TCR. I changed almost everything compared with old to new bike so it feels very different. Cozy... As I mentioned previously, it really needs intense sunlight and the right angle for the finish to appear anything besides pure black.

Advanced pro raw carbon size M
Dura ace groupset + Ultegra crankset.
Avian Canary (built up at bike shop for frame warrenty, giant had me sign a waiver due to the custom handlebar but sounds like warranty is still valid).
Light bicycle WR40
GP5000 S TR 30mm

Seems like J&L Ti+Carbon Clamp (https://www.ebay.com/itm/125287941052) is a cheap way to save some weight for the advanced framset. It looks similar to the current TCR clamp, anyone know if it would be compatible. Looks like the elilee trecento might be in trouble which was the main upgrade path.
That is stunning!

trackflack

by trackflack

Love the look of an isp, but always concerned about comfort and transporting the bike. Wonder what these are like to ride

cujo

by cujo

Did Giant makey any size L of the advanced pro in raw carbon? Everything I see online is smaller.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

BB86, Jesus, how can they stick to that. It's like Canyon, BMC, Basso yada yada. Seriously, it's a deal braker...
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

The one thing that almost kept me from this frame was the bb86, so I agree. I went ahead and did it anyways. it's fine, but yeah it was definitely a settle situation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com