2024 Intergrated Giant TCR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MagicShite

by MagicShite

ItalianEngineering wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm
fizzaz wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 3:59 am
So what is the absolute minimum stack with the oem spacers? Is it as listed or are we looking at a bit more like most other integrated frames?
15mm

5mm headset cover
10mm integrated cables transition spacer
MagicShite wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:25 pm
Just finished building up the TCR 2024. A mate who also happened to order a DEFY SL swapped the headset transition cap to me so I can lower it by 5mm.
Do the Defy and TCR share the same spacer shape for overdrive aero but not the propel? The propel doesn't seem to have the rise in the rear of the spacer.

DEFY and TCR shares the same integration system.

The new PROPEL is on its own because of the larger head tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fizzaz

by fizzaz

So even though they share the same steerer, the stems are not compatible?

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

MagicShite wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:04 am
DEFY and TCR shares the same integration system.

The new PROPEL is on its own because of the larger head tube.
The higher end TCR models (and it seems Defy too) use OD2 diameter.

Looking this up just made me realize "the proprietary D-shaped steerer tube, which Giant says will only work with its own stems". I didn't really think of that but Avian should send me a shim to fill in the gap. (viewtopic.php?t=170619&start=375 discussion about this in the propel 2023 thread)
Last edited by ItalianEngineering on Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

Finally a sunny day so I took some pictures of the adv pro raw carbon frame

Album - https://imgur.com/a/XSgqBsU

pmprego

by pmprego

ItalianEngineering wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:37 pm
Finally a sunny day so I took some pictures of the adv pro raw carbon frame

Album - https://imgur.com/a/XSgqBsU
Amazing how I can find this scheme way better than the frameset only for the Defy. And this is not even the top end SL version. Giant and colors are a weird combo.

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

pmprego wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am
Amazing how I can find this scheme way better than the frameset only for the Defy. And this is not even the top end SL version. Giant and colors are a weird combo.
I think one reason Giant didn't offer the glossy raw carbon for the SL is that it is probbably a bit heavier than the raw matte finish. Might be heavier than the painted finishes as well unfortunately.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Someone help me understand the stem situation with this frame. I opted out of the Propel stem and decided to wait, looks like inventory is not coming anytime soon. D-shaped steerer required, right? Then why do the lower spec'd complete builds list a round stem? Is that the difference in the pro and Advanced?

CJosephB

by CJosephB

Was watching one of the latest YouTube episode of the Nero Show and it seems like Chris Miller got a hold of the TCR, was listening to first impression and he is trying desperately hard not to like the bike but it seems like initially he has a a good impression about ride quality and the bike overall. Hopefully he goes more in depth devoid about other aspects he is looking for in bike personally and talk strictly about what the TCR is. Is it a good /great bike.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Have about several hundred miles on mine now - ride quality is excellent. It's honestly one of the only bikes that I have been able to notice a smoother ride. First race on it was snappy and cornered awesome.

That said, this steerer is a *f##k* problem. The adapter ring for the top bearing snapped as I was installing it and I am just riding it anyways until the replacement shows up. Even with the cables running outside of the stem, it was still crazy difficult to get lined up just to bolt down. Difficulties aside, it does feel like a well thought out design (probably why it took them so long to do it). It's far away the strongest "feeling" of any carbon fork that I have picked up. I know that's more qualitative than quant, but ive had a lot of bikes at this point. BB installation didn't work for one thread together I had, was fine on the other so ymmv.

damond

by damond

Complete review soon…this thing is FAST!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

damond

by damond

Duplicate post

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

Giant increased most of their US prices for the TCR at least. SL frameset by a lot. Now $4400, previously $3800/4000.

steve028

by steve028

CJosephB wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:36 am
Absolutely falling for the new TCR in terms of colorway in Team Jayco... along with that new Cadex Aero Integrated Bar.

Picture from Escape Collective - Thank you!
damn that does look pretty good!

steve028

by steve028

damond wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm

Complete review soon…this thing is FAST!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
certainly looks the part, are the bars similar to the new aero narrow/flared bars that enve and others have?

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

CJosephB wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 12:02 pm
Was watching one of the latest YouTube episode of the Nero Show and it seems like Chris Miller got a hold of the TCR, was listening to first impression and he is trying desperately hard not to like the bike but it seems like initially he has a a good impression about ride quality and the bike overall. Hopefully he goes more in depth devoid about other aspects he is looking for in bike personally and talk strictly about what the TCR is. Is it a good /great bike.
That white frame he has is absolutely stunning. Makes me want one. I’m without a dedicated road bike right now and their inventory might just be perfect timing for when I’m ready for new bike day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com