Stages R8100 L power meter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

la85

by la85

Hey all,

Having some issues with my left side Ultegra 8100 stages power meter. It's only 9 months old and hasn't had a lot of use.

Used to zero to 880 odd... all of a sudden it now zeros to 940 approx and the power seems out. Power seems legit up to 300 watts then looses credibility. Averaged 450watts for 20 mins when normally should be 330watts approx.

It's firmware is up to date. I've changed the battery and updated my wahoo.

Can't find anything online. Can they be hard reset?

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frostorama

by frostorama

What batteries are you using? I moved away from Duracell with the bitter coating on them as it appeared to cause inconsistent readings. Since moving to another brand without the coating my Stages has been rock solid.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

frostorama wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 am
What batteries are you using? I moved away from Duracell with the bitter coating on them as it appeared to cause inconsistent readings. Since moving to another brand without the coating my Stages has been rock solid.
What brand are you using? The major brands you most often see in NA - Duracell and Energizer - both have the coating now.

frostorama

by frostorama

I am using Energizer without the coating, picked up from a local supermarket here in the UK.

la85

by la85

frostorama wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 am
Duracell which does look like it has a coating. Ill try another sort.

What zero number is everyone getting?

stevesbike

by stevesbike

I had an issue a couple of years ago with a stages power meter and got in touch with them - had excellent customer service experience.

la85

by la85

Thanks for all the advice. I have contracted stages and are waiting for a reply.

In the mean time.... will a 170mm Left side GRX stages power meter work properly on an 170mm ultegra crankset? I have one on my gravel bike...apart from a different shape they look very similar. Wondering if i could swap them over while the other one is getting sent back to the shop?

Cheers

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Interested in getting a Stages power meter left side crank arm. Unfortunately Stages doesn't seem to have any existing customer service. I have their smart trainer bike and have never had success getting in touch with them.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

MaGiu

by MaGiu

never buy anthing from them. bad support . 3fails on 4 powermeters after time.

la85

by la85

Yes I am finding this out first hand. Reached out via phone and customer support tickets three times but no response. Very poor

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

Stages cycling basically is out of business. I believe Giant will be absorbing the PM business and another company will take over the indoor bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

double post, sorry