32mm Ext/25mm Int wheel width on Cannondale System Six

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaveS

by DaveS

BTLOS hookless, 25mm IW, 31mm external, no spoke access holes, so no rim tape required. I have 3 sets. They work fine with 28mm P-Zero TLR tubeless.

https://btlos.com/all-road/ar-clincher- ... bon-wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrWings

by MrWings

DaveS wrote:BTLOS hookless, 25mm IW, 31mm external, no spoke access holes, so no rim tape required. I have 3 sets. They work fine with 28mm P-Zero TLR tubeless.

https://btlos.com/all-road/ar-clincher- ... bon-wheels
Thanks Dave. I’m going to get the Light Bicycle ones but the specs are very similar. It’s good to know a few people have fitted such wide tyres on these bikes. I really can’t wait to get it up and running! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWings

by MrWings

Hexsense wrote:
MrWings wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:53 pm

Nice bike! Few questions.... what do you think of the wheels? What build did you do? Why did you go for shallower on the front? What tyres exactly are you running and hows the clearance?
They are great.

When I own SystemSix, I had 2 sets of front wheels: AR56 and WR65. And one rear wheel: WR65.
Pictured is 56/65. But I actually ride WR65 front and rear a lot more often. It's really rare that I look into weather forecast and see over 20 km/h wind and think "yeah, better ride a little shallower front wheel today".

I tested various tires. Michelin Power Cup 28mm, Specialized Turbo Cotton 28mm, and multiple sets of Continental GP5000 28mm.
All of them have plenty of clearance. Michelin is the biggest tire if I recall correctly.
Did you ever try 30mm GP 5000 S TR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

no