Speeder Cycling (SC-R48D) build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Simmo72

by Simmo72

The remit I set myself
Disc build (my first), mechanical, no silly OEM headsets and seatposts that are pain to replace and/or set up, a high quality carbon frame, Campagnolo, £2000 and sub 7.5kg. A tall order and I'm a tall chap at 194 cm and all leg so a lot of Chinese frames were ruled out as I would have to remove my spleen to fit a 160 headtube.

I started looking at Winspace and then I nearly went the other way and got a steel fairlight (thats a future purchase for sure). Winspace gave no sign of re-stocking the SLC2.0 in my size and no comms from them so I gave up and started looking around. Finding on here speeder cycling and some decent reviews I got in touch. Their XXL 58cm with a 200 head tube was on target. This was the smallest frame I was going to get away with but the stack and reach looked right in my ballpark.

Justin at Speeder was great, all the info needed and the process was smooth. The bike was completed 2 weeks ahead of target date and it arrived 3 days after shipping, all well packed.

The build itself was seemless, one of these easiest with the internal cabling a doddle (unlike my Supersix) and the only issue was the ever so sensitive to set up Campagnolo Hydraulics.

I started the process in October, buying bits and pieces, some Black friday deals, individual small parts but stuck to things I have used for years that are tried and tested (e.g. aliexpress Uno stem and standard carbon seatpost). Chorus was the obvious choice for me. A few 2nd hand parts (shifters, calipers and pedals for peanuts that were sorted after some new bearings) and running a NOS 11 speed chainset on a 12 speed gearset. I wanted 11 all round but so hard to get hold.

I'm pleased with the result. £1991 and 7.05kg which for a big bird like me is pretty good I think. I could easily go lighter but so would my wallet, but getting 6g off would be nice :), hopefully cutting down that stem once I'm dialled in will do it.
Attachments
IMG_20240209_093442~2.jpg
IMG_20240305_132822~2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com