ACR compatible One-Piece-Handlebar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DoktorHannibalLecter

by DoktorHannibalLecter

jff wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:39 pm

My quest has brought me so far:
- Avian Canary = to avoid since it's not stiff enough if you're over 60kg
- Avian Falcon = 280gr for 260euro is a good deal, potential candidate
the stiffness is a factor I cannot really judge right know. I'm at 73 kg and max Sprint is at 1300 Watts. I do want something that feels stiff enough for me as a hobbyist, I do not need Andre-Greipel-proof material, but I certainly don't want to feel to much of a flex in the bar... And no seller will tell you that their bar is not stiff. That's something I cannot read in the spec sheet.
Stevens Arcalis - 2023 - 7.861 kg
Stevens Prestige - 2021
Radon R1 Road - 2015
KTM Lycan - 2014

DoktorHannibalLecter

by DoktorHannibalLecter

giraudnimo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:51 am
The EXS Aerover is compatible with ACR headsets as well (just installed mine), they provide the spacers and the compression ring.
I've contacted them and got no answer yet. It's one of the best looking options in my opinion. Can you tell me the stack of that handlebar / how much stack the ACR/SMR Adapter-Spacer adds? And what the total clamping height on the steerer tube is?
Stevens Prestige - 2021
Radon R1 Road - 2015
KTM Lycan - 2014

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CFrancis515

by CFrancis515

The Airwolf integrated cockpit on ebay iscompatible with the ACR headset, I have it on my Blackheart Road Ti, i went with the 120mm lenght x 40cm width at the hoods, it is 42cm in the drops so about 5degrees of flare. For reference im about 100kg and 1400w sprint, its plenty stiff, fit and finish is as good as any name brand stuff i've used.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

If you value stiffness at all.
Skip Avian Canary. I weight 63kg and can easily tell Falcon II (which supposedly is stiff according to Avian) is flexier than Enve SES aero road bar plus Tarmac SL7 stem.
So, anything even less stiff is not recommended if you like stiff bar.

DoktorHannibalLecter

by DoktorHannibalLecter

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm
If you value stiffness at all.
Skip Avian Canary. I weight 63kg and can easily tell Falcon II (which supposedly is stiff according to Avian) is flexier than Enve SES aero road bar plus Tarmac SL7 stem.
So, anything even less stiff is not recommended if you like stiff bar.
ok, that makes me want to skip Avian all togehter.
Stevens Prestige - 2021
Radon R1 Road - 2015
KTM Lycan - 2014

giraudnimo

by giraudnimo

DoktorHannibalLecter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm
I've contacted them and got no answer yet. It's one of the best looking options in my opinion. Can you tell me the stack of that handlebar / how much stack the ACR/SMR Adapter-Spacer adds? And what the total clamping height on the steerer tube is?
Clamping height is 35mm, the transition spacer above the compression ring I would need to measure when I get back home, all other spacers are 5mm.

DoktorHannibalLecter

by DoktorHannibalLecter

giraudnimo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:59 am
Clamping height is 35mm, the transition spacer above the compression ring I would need to measure when I get back home, all other spacers are 5mm.
Would be nice if you could measure that transistion spacer. That is the spacer adapting from ACR interface to the handlebars own interface?. Maybe you could include a picture. Is my understanding right here: You keep your bike specific headset top-cap / compression ring. Than the transition spacer. Do you need a spacer on top of that transition spacer or can you just put the bar directly on top of that? Thx for helping me out!
Stevens Prestige - 2021
Radon R1 Road - 2015
KTM Lycan - 2014

JWTS

by JWTS

apr46 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 am

While I hear you, you can get really far with someone who is good at cad, a pair of calipers and a couple of hours. These bars are most likely copies. The spacers and the alloy stems they sell are NOT identical in terms of dimensions, material and finish.
Oh, I'm 100% sure they are copies. I just think they are using the same mold. The reason I say this is that I just can't see them opening their own mold for something like this, as it just doesn't pencil out. As I mentioend though, using the same mold does not=the same production process (or the same quality). There's obviously more to it than that.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

JWTS wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:44 pm
I'm in a bit of a weird position here. I have a Vision Metron 5D Arc. I also have the Chinese copy of it. "Arc Co on Ali". I liked the shape of the bar so much I wanted a cheap on for my gravel bike.

-the bars came out of the same mold (I can't imagine that they duplicated the mold). The dimensions are idential. "How does this happen!?". Well, there are a couple of ways. The OEM is going to pay for the mold, but doesn't actually pay up. The OEM agrees do a certain MOQ and doesn't hit it. The OEM does everything right but a red envelope gets passed to someone and the mold becomes avaialble (less likely but it happens)
You're mixing up OEM with the customer brand. OEM is the factory.

Vision is not a kind of brand to fall short on MOQ or payments.

It is far more likely these are unrelated copies. The dimensions are the same because they're copies.

giraudnimo

by giraudnimo

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:21 am
giraudnimo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:59 am
Would be nice if you could measure that transistion spacer. That is the spacer adapting from ACR interface to the handlebars own interface?. Maybe you could include a picture. Is my understanding right here: You keep your bike specific headset top-cap / compression ring. Than the transition spacer. Do you need a spacer on top of that transition spacer or can you just put the bar directly on top of that? Thx for helping me out!
EXS provides everything : compression ring, headset top-cap/bearing cover, 5mm spacers (5 of them), and then the transition spacer from spacers to handlebars.

Headset top-cap is 8mm
Transition spacer is 5mm
Minimum stack would then be 13mm

Here is a picture of the setup
Attachments
IMG_6618.jpg

JWTS

by JWTS

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:33 am

You're mixing up OEM with the customer brand. OEM is the factory.

Vision is not a kind of brand to fall short on MOQ or payments.

It is far more likely these are unrelated copies. The dimensions are the same because they're copies.
I'm not mixing anything up, but I guess I needed to be more specific in my post and refer to Tein Hsin, the parent company of Vision. They are absolutely an OEM, I've been to factory... And, while I have no specific knowledge of this specific handlebar, I also know that it's common for subsuppliers to be used, and for the agreements of cost sharing on production molds varies from company-to-company and supplier to supplier. Looking at both bars, my opinion is that they likely came out of the same mold... And, for the umpteeth time, this is absolutely no guarnatee of quality. The mold used is the least important part of the process. If one isn't comfortalbe evaluating a part for themselves they'd be safer to stick with a brand name that likely has paid their insurance bond...

As far as "Vision being the sort of brand not to fall short on payments", let me be clear that I no knowledge of Vision specifically--I don't deal with them in a professional setting and they may be in great shape; but there are much larger and well-known companies than that which certainly are in this position. If you think this is unlikely, you're really not aware of the current conditions in the bike industry in Asia.