Front brake issue - ultegra di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fulton

by fulton

Hello

I would be interested in your opinion, my brake caliper is crooked at the front wheel.

I suspect that the frame holds the caliper that way. I looked at the back, it's fine there, the gap with the disc is symmetrical.

it loosened the screw of the brake caliper, I tried all kinds of ways, even with my own hands, but it's impossible, as soon as I tighten the screw, the brake caliper pulls away like this.

I tried this: I fitting the rear brake pads to the front wheel. Before inserting the brake pads, I pushed the brake pistons back to their original position. It cannot be adjusted so that the disc does not touch the brake pad.

So I am sure that my brakes will not work well with new pads in the future.

It's no longer a problem with current pads (they're worn in), (the brake disc only touches the brake pad during sprints), but with the new brake pads it won't be good at all (in the future.)

Unfortunately, the braking effect is not the same as in the case of the rear brake. (you have to pull a little harder to really catch it)

Have you ever encountered such a case? Any tips on how to fix it?

Thank you.
20240227_131024.jpg

MagicShite

by MagicShite

check the mount on the frame.

You may need to get it faced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Assuming everything is installed and mounted correctly, that looks like classic out of square caliper mount surface. A good shop can fix it with a special tool. Show them the photo.

Please tell us what brand and model of bike that is.
TKS.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.