Famous AliExpress parts!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

_scott_

by _scott_

bmrk wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:01 pm
_scott_ wrote:
chris47 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:37 am
I cannot vouch for the MIXED direct mount hanger. Bought one for my crux to mount grx Di2 and the hanger is so soft it got mangled under an up shift. Was applying power, but nothing unreasonable. It sheared the hanger and mangled the derailleur into the wheel.
Now I have to buy a new derailleur and chain and Di2 wire.
Think the aluminium grade is of low quality and is too soft compared to a name brand
Hi, does yours specified 7075-T6? I ordered one that looks exactly like the ones sold by "frames and gear" for 1/4 of their price. Now I'm not sure anymore if it was a good choice
I’ve been using mine on a Tcr 2021 for more than a year and it has been rock solid.

EDIT: the good derailleur hanger is the redshift one. See my later posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one I bought from Mixed is exactly like the Redshift one you posted below :noidea:

bmrk

by bmrk

_scott_ wrote:
bmrk wrote:
_scott_ wrote:
chris47 wrote:
I cannot vouch for the MIXED direct mount hanger. Bought one for my crux to mount grx Di2 and the hanger is so soft it got mangled under an up shift. Was applying power, but nothing unreasonable. It sheared the hanger and mangled the derailleur into the wheel.
Think the aluminium grade is of low quality and is too soft compared to a name brand
Hi, does yours specified 7075-T6? I ordered one that looks exactly like the ones sold by "frames and gear" for 1/4 of their price. Now I'm not sure anymore if it was a good choice
I’ve been using mine on a Tcr 2021 for more than a year and it has been rock solid.

The one I bought from Mixed is exactly like the Redshift one you posted below :noidea:
Found the one that was supposed to be the mixed and it is branded canecreek Image
IMG_4819.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

_scott_

by _scott_

chris47 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:15 pm
Yes, mine had 7075T6 labelled on it. If I were you, I'd bin it. Mine had no signs of forthcoming failure, so I was not able to remove it before it failed. Not worth the weight savings with this one....
Do you have any picture? The one i got seems to be the reinforced version with the bar in the middle

Xabi

by Xabi

"Frames and gear" and "mixed" from AliExpress also seem to come from same factory. Frames and gear "European China made" hanger seems to have a bit more milling than the AliExpress "mixed" hanger, that makes it under a gram lighter.

I bought the "frames and gear" hanger to replace my sigeyi hanger, but it doesn't look much better, sigeyi still on my canyon disc bike. Around 30k km still solid.

kode54

by kode54

_scott_ wrote:
bmrk wrote:
_scott_ wrote:
chris47 wrote:

I had both. Only the redshift one snapped on my Aethos. I was trying to adjust the hanger ever so slightly to straighten it out and snapped. I’m not certain it is milled CNC as the material didn’t appear solid throughout. I did have a back up since they were pretty inexpensive and since I’m on my spare hanger, I ended paying more and bought the Silca 3D printed one as the new spare.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

DHG01

by DHG01

Interview with Farsports founder. Very impressive lady; just wish the interviewer had gotten more out of the interview.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CzDCxrPnCo&t=0s

AJS914

by AJS914

I got just about nothing from that interview. My Farsports wheels though have been awesome.

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

The video before with the tour of the factory is very impressive.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

iamraymond wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:38 pm
Depending on your stem you might be able to find one made by ccache.

https://ccache.cc/collections/computer- ... _by=manual in

I sort of doubt they make they're own products, but I have no idea who their supplier is.

By the way here are some pictures sent by Pandabuy who are facilitating my order. I haven't received the part yet so I cannot show it installed.
This arrived yesterday and unfortunately it doesn't fit correctly with my Uno stem. I ordered the mount for the Giant Contact SL as recommended earlier, but the bolt spacing doesn't match up. The Uno is 24mm and the mount I got was 30mm. After looking again in taobao, they actually make one which is specific for the Kalloy Uno so I'll need to order that one. Ordering fail on my part. Posting here so that people don't make the same mistake.

Otherwise, the mount looks to be well made and solid aluminum construction. Even the removable light/go-pro mount is made of alloy.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Are there any known good AXS-compatible casettes and chains?

bobones

by bobones

inertianinja wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:29 am
Are there any known good AXS-compatible casettes and chains?
I'm very happy with the ZRace 10-33. I will stick to SRAM chains though.

Prippo

by Prippo

Anyone have any good experience with handlebar tape from Aliexpress? Normally I use the basic Deda but with some seamingly decent alternatives (West biking and Ztto for example) being a quarter of the price I am tempted to give it a try.

TheBelgian

by TheBelgian

Why go the AliExpress route for bar tape? You can buy Fizik bar:tape Superlight Tacky Touch for 7.7 euros on r2-bike right now.

Prippo

by Prippo

TheBelgian wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:25 pm
Why go the AliExpress route for bar tape? You can buy Fizik bar:tape Superlight Tacky Touch for 7.7 euros on r2-bike right now.
Including shipping the Aliexpress tape cost €3 while the Fizik tape cost €15. Eventhough the amount is not huge I am somewhat cheap and enjoy saving where I can without sacrificing too much quality.

Spaetzle

by Spaetzle

Anybody has a recommendation for an UL/foldable backpack?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com