C64 SR eps VS. C68 SR wrl - opinions & review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

derosa2000

by derosa2000

Thank you for pics and review , finally proper comparison from real owner of both latest C ! C64 looks great but your new C68 is damn so good looking and new characteristics sound the right way for my taste .

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Thanks for the write up!

Have you used durace di2 12x ?
How would you say the shifting compares? Shimano 12x FD shifts are crazy fast.

Any other points of different comparing the two groupsets?

TheBeautifulOne

by TheBeautifulOne

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:57 am
Thanks for the write up!

Have you used durace di2 12x ?
How would you say the shifting compares? Shimano 12x FD shifts are crazy fast.

Any other points of different comparing the two groupsets?
I did not use Dura Ace Di2 but latest generation of 12 speed ultegra, so unless there is difference in shifting between ultegra and DA (which as far as i know there is not), the SR WRL offers much more refined front gear shifting. Rear shifting is very similar in smoothnes.

New finding is that you can dump 5+ rear gears super quickly in WRL you just hold button slightly longer and mechanism starts to dump them instantly. I guess this is aimed at sprinters but it is really super fast. Otherwise rear mech is nothing special compared to SR EPS. It just works. Quickly, smoothly and quite silently.

What i find inderesting is geometry of C68 in combination with SR WRL. As C68 is a little bit longer and SR WRL has slightly longer hooods , I was expecting that I could potentially consider shorter integrated handlebar. Opposite is true. I guess that it is because of steeper seattube angle, I somehow find the bicycle shorter and struggle to find super-comfortable position on the bike, I guess ill try to move my seat 1cm to the back to see whether this changes.

I still have 3cm of spacers under the stem , but i definitely like the shape of new colnago cockpit/handlebars, the drops are just low enought to be super comfortable to ride at for prolonged periods of time. I guess Ill loose some of that comfort when I cut the steerer 1-2 cm.

Also the hoods are quite narrow so I dont find them comfortable without gloves.