2024 Factor Ostro sighted

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:39 pm
aeroisnteverything wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:22 pm
I am sort of sitting between this factor and the new BMC Teammachine R. Looking at weights posted so far, the Factor will be c. 100-130g lighter for the combination of cockpit, frame, and fork. Something like 1600-1650g for Factor, and something like 1700-1750 for BMC in size 56. BMC frame looks to be pretty porky, but fork is lighter than Factor, and the cockpit is very light.

The same "set" (frame, fork, cockpit) for SL8 is... what - 1400-1450g or so?

I should add seatposts into these weights, but cannot be bothered to the relative weights of each at the moment.
I would go for the BMC, IF i was ok with that idiotic BB they have decided to keep. But for me that alone is a deal breaker.
I like the look of Factor more than BMC. Also like the fact that I can get aero extensions on this thing for just an extra £100. With a zero offset post, makes it potentially a pretty decent TT/triathlon set up. It is also available and BMC is not, and there are weird financial things going on with BMC udging by the press.

So ordered the Factor frameset in black - should be the lightest possible paintjob (looks like gloss clearcoat over naked carbon, really). Will post the weight when I get it. If it ends up being way over spec, I might return it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vlastrada

by vlastrada

slowcyclist wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:50 pm
Any update on Prisma Studio? Earlier they said mid week last week but no news so far. Does anyone know whats the hold up or when will it be available?

it is available now : )

https://factorbikes.com/prisma-studio

Tooslow

by Tooslow

With this bike being in the public for 2 weeks now I'm surprised that thewre are no reviews?

toxin

by toxin

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:41 am
RDY wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 am
I guess they probably box them and add a couple of bolts and hangers to qualify for made in TW now.
This would open them up to huge legal risk in most countries, so it probably isn't the case.

Multiple brands are already returning the full frame molding process to TW to be able to mark the bikes as "made in TW"
Which ones?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Tooslow wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:45 pm
With this bike being in the public for 2 weeks now I'm surprised that thewre are no reviews?
The one ride review I have seen doesn't say much beyond that a difference cannot be noticed between old and new versions, which is pretty much what was intended by the manufacturer, and what was expected by consumers. In that sense there really is not much to review. Treat it like the same bike, but hopefully a bit more aero and potentially lighter if you fit a different handlebar, (but then maybe not more aero :noidea: )
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Factor CEO Rob Gitelis interview is in bikeradars podcast.
He said among oteher things that their main goal in new Ostro was to keep weight and stiffnes (riding quality) same as previous ostro, but make bike a more aero. He also said that new ostro is as light as it can be consider the shape of the bike, and also generally bikes are as light they can be when manufacturing carbon. And there are not replacing material in sight.

aham23

by aham23

Have seen no real reviews of the new wheels either. Off.

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

looks like i will be ordering this bike with ultegra white. it is a looker.

was going to do a lighter mostly nude carbon look custom... but wait could be up to three months, vs 30d for white.

my weight weenie is dying. ultegra, white paint. what has become of me?

interesting read of the aero claims, weight claims. in the end i am not sweating the details. as the giy from tour mag who does testing said... anything 10w or less with their testing wont be something that can be felt.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

RocketRacing wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:38 pm
looks like i will be ordering this bike with ultegra white. it is a looker.

was going to do a lighter mostly nude carbon look custom... but wait could be up to three months, vs 30d for white.

my weight weenie is dying. ultegra, white paint. what has become of me?

interesting read of the aero claims, weight claims. in the end i am not sweating the details. as the giy from tour mag who does testing said... anything 10w or less with their testing wont be something that can be felt.

most important is that you love riding the bike. i had an 8 pound bike but didn't ride it much because i didn't enjoy as much as the heavier better handling bikes

cfrankscid

by cfrankscid

just posted some of my thoughts/pics/review in the gallery here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=175127

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

My size 52 Ostro Vam II with Dura Ace is on order. I'll post up pics, weight, and some riding opinion once it arrives.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Ruben58

by Ruben58

Anyone got confirmation on european (in EUR) pricing? What I've seen online seems hella expensive compared to the USD pricing on factors website...

miOdiO

by miOdiO

I am in Germany. You can not buy complete bikes in Germany. Currently frameset is 6300€ but soon will be 6400€ once the bottle holders are widely avaibalbe and they will be included.
So yes it is quite more expensive than the $ prices (do the prices on the homepage include tax?)
I will order my bike today at my LBS. Got some discounts but it will never be cheap.

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

A bit surprised that the bike has not been reviewed anywhere... Or did I miss something?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miOdiO

by miOdiO

On here I found only this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=175127
I can give you my thoughts once I got it.
But I am not that experienced (this is only my second road bike) and it will not be a weight weenie build (for now).
It will be Black Inc everything + Ultegra build