Speedplay zero spindle screws?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

motorthings

by motorthings

I just sheared off one of my speed play zero spindle screws, and I'm looking for some replacement screws to swap back to my other set of spindles. All I can find online or eBay are titanium screws, which, having just sheared a steel screw, I'm not super interested in.

Does anybody have either resource or spindle screws, or a couple extra laying around that I might be able to get you?

Thanks!

motorthings

by motorthings

Looks like even speed play wahoo no longer has these screws. If anybody can help me out or even just give me the specs on the hardware, it would be awesome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

motorthings wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:17 pm
Looks like even speed play wahoo no longer has these screws. If anybody can help me out or even just give me the specs on the hardware, it would be awesome.
Are your pedlas the newer type (wahoo versus old speedplay)? And are you talking about the screw that attaches the spindle to the pedal body?
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

kode54

by kode54

New pedals requires a 3mm hex to get at...and typically stay within the pedal body. Older version is a Torx and is removeable. I may have one laying around. I just have to look for it but I can send you one.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

motorthings

by motorthings

that would be awesome, mine are def the older version, and use a T15 torx to get out.
I can't get any love from speedplay/wahoo or anyone else.
kode54 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:22 pm
New pedals requires a 3mm hex to get at...and typically stay within the pedal body. Older version is a Torx and is removeable. I may have one laying around. I just have to look for it but I can send you one.

Nixster

by Nixster

You should be able to find them pretty easily if you measure them.
They're not proprietary and torx or hex is irrelevant.
Get a cheap digital calliper and take the diameter and thread length then you want button head bolts.
You're probably going to have to buy 10 though!
They're either m3 or m4 but I'm not sure without tearing down my pedals.
Accu in the UK is pretty good for these types of things.

motorthings

by motorthings

I think I finally got the spec - m4 x 8 and have some ordered. Thanks!

check6

by check6

My Wahoo generation Speedplay pedals had the screw that attaches pedal to the spindle come off during riding. Contacted Wahoo to get parts and they informed me that the new pedals are non-serviceable. They sent me a new pair and requested mine back. Good thing it was under 2 years as the waranty would have expired and I would have had to bin them. This is an issue to me as I am relatively high mileage and want a serviceable pedal as a result. May need to move away from Wahoo because of this going forward.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

There are many companies that make items that are not serviceable. That does not mean they can't be fixed.

Small screws and locktite is a good recipe for a broken screw. That leads to a good way to bin a part. Heat is your friend and using a good soldering iron can heat up the screw hot enough to loosen the locktite.