Wheeltop EDS TX electronic groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MagicShite

by MagicShite

with how even the new di2 is buggy AF, I'd refrain from getting these 1st gens (unless you're a fan of beta testing) until they've sorted everything to 2nd gen.

Even the 105 Di2, despite the potential bugs, are a more secure purchase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

MagicShite wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am
with how even the new di2 is buggy AF, I'd refrain from getting these 1st gens (unless you're a fan of beta testing) until they've sorted everything to 2nd gen.

I'm not sure if I'd call 12s Di2 buggy, as such, as of now. It certainly was at launch. I think the various issues we have now - suck and chain throwing - are here to stay and a part of the system that won't change ... Though from what I can gather the 'buggy' synchro shift won't be fixed, for whatever reason.

MagicShite

by MagicShite

RDY wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:02 am
MagicShite wrote:

I'm not sure if I'd call 12s Di2 buggy, as such, as of now. It certainly was at launch. I think the various issues we have now - suck and chain throwing - are here to stay and a part of the system that won't change ... Though from what I can gather the 'buggy' synchro shift won't be fixed, for whatever reason.
yeah, I recently had a shifter button acting up on me. Turns out it's possible to wear out the shifting buttons.

It almost made me reconsider going back to mechanical.

toxin

by toxin

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

Yeah, initial reviews seem to be all good... Looking forward to the reviews a few months down the road.

RDY

by RDY

MagicShite wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:46 am
RDY wrote:
MagicShite wrote:

yeah, I recently had a shifter button acting up on me. Turns out it's possible to wear out the shifting buttons.

It occasionally used to happen on the previous gen, and everything about the new gen feels flimsier, so it's not surprising. I'm assuming no replacement and they wouldn't provide replacement parts?

MagicShite

by MagicShite

RDY wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:53 pm
MagicShite wrote:
RDY wrote:
MagicShite wrote:

It occasionally used to happen on the previous gen, and everything about the new gen feels flimsier, so it's not surprising. I'm assuming no replacement and they wouldn't provide replacement parts?
nope. The buttons are actually routed towards the shifter head unit. There's no way to dismantle it from the PCB without also cutting the wires.

Also most importantly, shitmano doesn't sell spare buttons...

RDY

by RDY

MagicShite wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:11 pm
RDY wrote:
MagicShite wrote:
RDY wrote:

nope. The buttons are actually routed towards the shifter head unit. There's no way to dismantle it from the PCB without also cutting the wires.

Right to repair doesn't exist in cycling.

maurice1

by maurice1

RDY wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:30 pm
MagicShite wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:11 pm
RDY wrote:
MagicShite wrote:

Right to repair doesn't exist in cycling.
Ironically, I think LTWOO has the most consumer friendly groupset right now. Replaceable batteries, using the drivetrain of your choice with individual trimming, 10 to 12 speed, and no hard effort to make anything require specialized proprietary tools or parts. I'm not sure how right to repair could be introduced to cycling besides eliminating obsolete standards but I think Ltwoo did a great job imo.

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

Would be nice if they will offer a 1x drivetrain option. Any ideas about it?

toxin

by toxin

Sure, just take off the front derraileur

sOKRATEs100

by sOKRATEs100

@toxin: Could do that, but the switch on the left leaver is unecessary + the road version won't for sure not support cassettes like 11-42.

Miller

by Miller

maurice1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 pm
Ironically, I think LTWOO has the most consumer friendly groupset right now. Replaceable batteries, using the drivetrain of your choice with individual trimming, 10 to 12 speed, and no hard effort to make anything require specialized proprietary tools or parts. I'm not sure how right to repair could be introduced to cycling besides eliminating obsolete standards but I think Ltwoo did a great job imo.
I've been looking at the Ltwoo group and I love the replaceable battery idea. They prefer to ship with an empty battery holder and you buy your own rechargeables locally for cheap. Assuming the battery holder is stuffed up the seatpost there shouldn't be much exposure to water ingress.

RDY

by RDY

sOKRATEs100 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:28 pm
@toxin: Could do that, but the switch on the left leaver is unecessary + the road version won't for sure not support cassettes like 11-42.
You really think they'll do a dummy left lever? Why? Cost and weight of the switches, transmitter and coin cell are immaterial, and you can potentially use the buttons for other things. Also people are saying exactly that ... 11-42 does work - in 2x to boot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toxin

by toxin

Miller wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:36 pm
maurice1 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 pm
I've been looking at the Ltwoo group and I love the replaceable battery idea. They prefer to ship with an empty battery holder and you buy your own rechargeables locally for cheap. Assuming the battery holder is stuffed up the seatpost there shouldn't be much exposure to water ingress.
There's been problems with water ingress at the rear mech cable plug and the new version doesn't look visually different