2024 product release rumors

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

splzd

by splzd

Everyone talks about the Dogma as a superbike, even though it has completely unnecessary kinks and edges in the tubes - while the BH is considered super ugly. I don't get it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

i like it alot -lol

fizzaz

by fizzaz

splzd wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:18 pm
Everyone talks about the Dogma as a superbike, even though it has completely unnecessary kinks and edges in the tubes - while the BH is considered super ugly. I don't get it.
Oh, don't mistake, I think the Pinarello is ugly too. This thing is just that much worse.

repoman

by repoman

I've always thought Dogmas were quite hideous but for some reason the 2024 model looks a lot more cohesive and actually looks kind of nice. That BH looks like a bunch of random shapes spammed together quickly in CAD for no reason other than looks and trying to make something that stands out visually with not a lot of refinement in trying to make these visual ideas work together. Or maybe a too many cooks in the kitchen problem with their designers.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

The Dogma is one of very few bikes I would never buy or even ride based solely on how it looks. It’s just hideous to me. The BH isn’t a looker either but the Dogma is horrendous comparatively. The Tarmac SL8 is up there too. Actually had one and sold it and looks was part of the reason among others. I’ll add the Cervelo S5 to the list of ugly unridable bikes. Weirdly I do like the Scott Foil.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

hopefully there are some wind tunnel tests and ride reviews on the BH RS-1 in the future...

RDY

by RDY

Look P24 looks fairly radical. Dyson AirBlade for seatpost / tube. Wish the 795 had leveraged their track and TT stuff more.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

IMG_3149(1).jpg
Full aero...
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

BikeTyson wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:13 pm
The Dogma is one of very few bikes I would never buy or even ride based solely on how it looks. It’s just hideous to me. The BH isn’t a looker either but the Dogma is horrendous comparatively. The Tarmac SL8 is up there too. Actually had one and sold it and looks was part of the reason among others. I’ll add the Cervelo S5 to the list of ugly unridable bikes. Weirdly I do like the Scott Foil.
Surprised the current and upcoming Madone aren't on your ist of ugly unrideable bikes, you don't seem to like anything different lol

Dogmas have grown on me over the years but that BH is......not great
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

toxin

by toxin

New pinarello tt bike
Attachments
IMG_1327.png
IMG_1329.png
IMG_1326.png
IMG_1331.png
IMG_1330.png

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

cleanneon98 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:52 pm
BikeTyson wrote:
Surprised the current and upcoming Madone aren't on your ist of ugly unrideable bikes, you don't seem to like anything different lol

Dogmas have grown on me over the years but that BH is......not great
I actually really like the Madone. And I like the Scott Foil which isn’t the most traditional. Both are probably top 5 looking bikes for me.

ichobi

by ichobi

So Pinarello is adapting those fancy wavy seat tube from their hour record and track bike for the road tt version.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

The new emonda/madone is one of the better looking bike around atm (minus the butthole of course)

cajer

by cajer

BikeTyson wrote:
IMO the S5 with the thicker baynotte fork is one of the prettiest bikes. I find all the "classical" shapes like the Aethos super boring as they all look basically the same.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

fizzaz wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:38 pm
The new emonda/madone is one of the better looking bike around atm (minus the butthole of course)
Without that hole, it basically just looks like the existing and soon to die Emonda.
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com