2024 product release rumors

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

njleach

by njleach

RDY wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:27 am
Speaking of jumping the shark. New Wilier TT bike. Over €20k for basic DA build. Over €27k for one with custom Ti or Carbon extensions. €9k for basic frameset. Only available in L/XL.

Who that's serious about TT is ever going to buy a Wilier TT bike, and particularly for that price? Assume this is basically a homologation special and they'll sell almost zero.
I thought these ridiculous prices for TT bikes were just to appease the UCI, because whatever tech the pros are using needs to be available for retail sale?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

njleach wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:55 am
RDY wrote:
Speaking of jumping the shark. New Wilier TT bike. Over €20k for basic DA build. Over €27k for one with custom Ti or Carbon extensions. €9k for basic frameset. Only available in L/XL.

Who that's serious about TT is ever going to buy a Wilier TT bike, and particularly for that price? Assume this is basically a homologation special and they'll sell almost zero.
I thought these ridiculous prices for TT bikes were just to appease the UCI, because whatever tech the pros are using needs to be available for retail sale?
TT bikes are not normally *this* ridiculous. It's track stuff that is usually. And certainly not with a completely unproven design, and from a brand that usually sells to grandpas these days. I can't see how it was worth it for Wilier to do this. They've had plenty of other catalogue frames in their range. Odd they didn't do it for the TT bike - as it seems to basically be for the team only.

Maybe they were or are expecting big things of the team after Vasilis joined.
Last edited by RDY on Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

toxin

by toxin

Fwiw, this looks really good. We'll see in a couple hrs if uci are ok with that bottle design but this could very well be the new fastest tt bike.

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

TT bikes are usually OK priced because they're targeting the relatively sizeable triathlon market. If they've no interest in that, they may as well price it like track bikes (i.e not really planning to sell to the public at all, but if some nutjob wants to spend the money, they'll take it).

Karvalo

by Karvalo

RDY wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:03 am
TT bikes are not normally *this* ridiculous. It's track stuff that is usually. And certainly not with a completely unproven design, and from a brand that usually sells to grandpas these days. I can't see how it was worth it for Wilier to do this.
Just paid for by the team. Pinarello charged almost that much for the Graal frameset over a decade ago. Now they charge even more for the latest Bolide but you'd be damn lucky to get one even if you do try and throw that much cash at them.

carbocation

by carbocation

toxin wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:10 pm
Fwiw, this looks really good. We'll see in a couple hrs if uci are ok with that bottle design but this could very well be the new fastest tt bike.
There's no way that bottle/box combo are meant for UCI races. They wouldn't allow the Timemachine's box, even the Oltre's little tiny fairings. I think that's why that screenshot lists it as TT/Tri.

toxin

by toxin

Well kung used it today so clearly they somehow got the uci on board with what should be an illegal design according to the rules

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

carbocation wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:32 am
toxin wrote:
There's no way that bottle/box combo are meant for UCI races. They wouldn't allow the Timemachine's box, even the Oltre's little tiny fairings. I think that's why that screenshot lists it as TT/Tri.
The bottle isn't really different from the Colnago TT1 that's being used by UAE for a year now, which is deemed legal.. I believe Colnago only had to redesign the bottle a bit so that it doesn't touch/hug the seat tube.

kervelo

by kervelo

Another IG teaser from the DT Swiss: perhaps some light road wheels?

https://www.instagram.com/dtswiss/p/C7_u8YnKA9C/?hl=en

Karvalo

by Karvalo

carbocation wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:32 am
toxin wrote:
I think the difference is that the BMC has an integrated bottle for a drinking straw, not one you can pick up and use. The Wilier bottle looks exactly like the Colnago one - and UAE have been running that without issue since the UCI tweaked the rules to allow conformal bottles.

vadimivich

by vadimivich

RDY wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:03 am
njleach wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:55 am
RDY wrote:

TT bikes are not normally *this* ridiculous. It's track stuff that is usually. And certainly not with a completely unproven design, and from a brand that usually sells to grandpas these days. I can't see how it was worth it for Wilier to do this. They've had plenty of other catalogue frames in their range. Odd they didn't do it for the TT bike - as it seems to basically be for the team only.

Maybe they were or are expecting big things of the team after Vasilis joined.
I was today years old when I learned that a brand which sponsors multiple UCI World Tour teams is a brand that usually sells to grandpas ... :shock:

eins4eins

by eins4eins

In the interview linked below Kung and the engineer from Wilier talk about the development of the bike. Its marketing offcourse, yet some interesting details.
It doesn't make sense commercially, but its a prestige project for them.

https://gruppetto-magazin.ch/a/das-ist- ... sonica-slr

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

BH RS1 Road Bike Gets More Aero Optimized
https://bikerumor.com/bh-rs1-road-bike- ... optimized/

fizzaz

by fizzaz

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:37 pm
BH RS1 Road Bike Gets More Aero Optimized
https://bikerumor.com/bh-rs1-road-bike- ... optimized/
God it's just hard to look at

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

fizzaz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:26 pm

God it's just hard to look at

They say the bike should be beautiful so you ride more

I dont think anyone would ride so much on that bike :D

Headset looks uuuugh but it is impossible to look away from that chainstay, uuewwweh whats that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com