Where is new SRAM Red?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

northboy

by northboy

eucalyptus wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:40 am
northboy wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:21 am

I am not sure if any of those calippers at pictures is new RED. I actully think it is not. At least my looks different, it has holes in the body.
It's clearly the new calipers it's just pictured with brake pads installed covering up the holes. But they are still very visible/noticeable.
You are right, I looked wrong, it confused me that my pads are installed as well and can still see through the hole and it looks very different.
The picture here looked like solid walls to me. Apology.
Last edited by northboy on Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

northboy

by northboy

You are right, I looked wrong, it confused me that my pads are installed as well and can still se through the hole and it looks very different.
The picture here looked like solid walls to me. Apology.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Anyone with insider info or heard rumours about XPLR 13-speed cassettes? I am more than ready to ditch the FD on my next road bike and the 10-46T will be perfect for trips to the mountains, but for the rolling flatlands at home I'd prefer something a bit more closely spaced. Would be slightly disappointing if there is only a single cassette available up until Red 2x goes 13-speed which will surely take another 4-5 years…

mfa81

by mfa81

MayhemSWE wrote:Anyone with insider info or heard rumours about XPLR 13-speed cassettes? I am more than ready to ditch the FD on my next road bike and the 10-46T will be perfect for trips to the mountains, but for the rolling flatlands at home I'd prefer something a bit more closely spaced. Would be slightly disappointing if there is only a single cassette available up until Red 2x goes 13-speed which will surely take another 4-5 years…
10-36 maybe? 10-36, 10-44, 10-46? But only guess I have no real info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Still haven’t received my groupset. The 160mm PM crankset seems to be the hold-up.

mfa81

by mfa81

TobinHatesYou wrote:Still haven’t received my groupset. The 160mm PM crankset seems to be the hold-up.
Bummer! That was the first thing I received, 48/35 160mm PM crankset! Now I’m waiting for my stem, headset bearings, Bb and ospw for my Enve Fray build!

Should get it going next week hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

The front and rear derailleurs that I ordered a -la cart arrived today. The build quality looks and feels good. When comparing E1 to the previous axs some of the design changes are readily apparent. The pulley wheels are to me full on OSPW size and it just has that look you know. I have intentionally avoided those for years but now I guess I will have one.
It's interesting to me that Sram is the first OE to latch on to this, so that in turn makes me think that there may be something to these? Not sure they would do it otherwise. Will install and report back tomorrow.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

DogmaHiFi

by DogmaHiFi

Installed yesterday my E1 (brake levers, calipers, RD, FD, chainring and cassette). Super smooth and fast installation.
Today I rode 60 km. The new brake levers are amazing and the extra 5mm length at the grip is not noticeable. Rubber is firm and fits nicely. FD is superb and the auto trim works like a treat. Gears change is crisp precise and smooth as butter.

Extra bonus the tool for the FD and the sram video made the installation and adjustment of the FD completed in minutes

mfa81

by mfa81

DogmaHiFi wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:19 am
Installed yesterday my E1 (brake levers, calipers, RD, FD, chainring and cassette). Super smooth and fast installation.
Today I rode 60 km. The new brake levers are amazing and the extra 5mm length at the grip is not noticeable. Rubber is firm and fits nicely. FD is superb and the auto trim works like a treat. Gears change is crisp precise and smooth as butter.

Extra bonus the tool for the FD and the sram video made the installation and adjustment of the FD completed in minutes
I agree regarding the levers, had my first ride yesterday and the lever feel is a lot better than the force d2 I have on my gravel bike, a lot less effort required and a better braking feel on the red e1 so much that I'm already thinking I need to upgrade my gravel bike with the new red e1 shifter/brake.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Install and one ride impression... set up was incredibly easy. Anyone and I mean anyone can set this up perfectly and make any fine tune adjustments. The set up tool for the front derailleur has improved significantly from D1 version. The wedge positioning and attachment was totally re-engineered and implemented. Rear derailleur takes less than 5 minutes to set up. Very well done imo.
The shifting of the front derailleur from big to small no longer does that 2 step shift and is much faster. It auto trims for real depending on where you are on the cassette. I never had any problems with axs front shifts before, but I am guessing this will remedy many users problems with front shifts currently. Led's are bigger, axs buttons are much bigger and the jockey wheels look like an OSPW. Glad I got them.
ImageImage

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Decent weight loss with e1 Red chain. Durability remains to be seen as it does not feel very substantial in the hand. Shifting is the same in the stand.ImageImage

jlok

by jlok

Did they say that the reason for the flattop was strength? Now it's hollow with the same strength or less? So why flat top?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

pmprego

by pmprego

jlok wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:21 am
Did they say that the reason for the flattop was strength? Now it's hollow with the same strength or less? So why flat top?
It is still flat top. The photos show just that.

DogmaHiFi

by DogmaHiFi

109 links d1 and e1
IMG_1337.jpeg
IMG_1338.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DogmaHiFi

by DogmaHiFi

Made 100 km today in extreme wind conditions and extreme heat conditions
These E1 brake levers are of supreme design and comfort.