New BMC Teammachine R

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

100% agree
simply blabla-ing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

Has anyone used a different integrated handlebar solution? Just wondering if EXS (which seems to indicate they can work for "SLR" and "TMR" BMCs), Enve, or Vision have solutions available? The -15 degree stem angle would require e to add some additional spacers compared to -10 or -6. so just thinking it through.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

Hi
I’ve got the same challenge
Darimo seems to be keen
Still waiting for an answer from Spain
simply blabla-ing

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

coming from a TimeMachine -15 is normal for me... I'm running a spacer just because I aint getting younger. So far so good. I'm liking that R9250's have longer reach compared to 11sp. Bike is more lively then Timemachine without a doubt... still need to do a longer climb with it.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

HolyMountain

by HolyMountain

I am building out a BMC Teammachine SLR01 - anyone have thougths on the round bar tops vs the aero flat bars? Its all new to me as I have only ever ridden round bars. I can see the attrration to the flat aero bars from a race/speed perspective but which is more comfortable in you guys experience? I love the integrated stem and interanl routing options.

alanyu

by alanyu

HolyMountain wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 am
I am building out a BMC Teammachine SLR01 - anyone have thougths on the round bar tops vs the aero flat bars? Its all new to me as I have only ever ridden round bars. I can see the attrration to the flat aero bars from a race/speed perspective but which is more comfortable in you guys experience? I love the integrated stem and interanl routing options.
Round is the least comfort. Oval or aero depends on your hand size and how you'd like to hold the top. More gripping will prefer oval, while more palm resting will prefer wide aero profile.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

alanyu wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:10 am
HolyMountain wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:10 am
Round is the least comfort. Oval or aero depends on your hand size and how you'd like to hold the top. More gripping will prefer oval, while more palm resting will prefer wide aero profile.
Partially agree. Mainly that it's totally rider dependent. For me, it's oval>round>>>>aero. Aero bars were by far the least comfortable. My current bars are Black Inc. (the older bar/stem cockpit) and the oval shape is perfect. Round bars are fine and more comfortable than aero, but oval fits my riding and hands the best. To OP, try a few out and see what you like.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I find aero bars very comfortable.. only my ebike does not have a aero shape.

The bars on the TeammachineR are pretty nice.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

HolyMountain

by HolyMountain

I found several round bars - well what appear to be the Team model of the BMC cockpit - for cheap! I suppose I will hold out for the aero or just pony up the money. Thanks guys