New Look 795 Blade RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

The new Look 795 RS has a standard round steerer tube to echo the guys above.

110% confirmed fact.

Only the outer spacer assembly is oblong.

RDY

by RDY

BikeEatSleepRepeat wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:11 pm

110% confirmed fact.

It was what I thought, but not what I was told by Look.

My context for asking them was asking if the frameset was available without the proprietary stem and handlebar, as I'd prefer to use a third party solution which fit me better, as the new 795 used IS52/IS52 as far as I was aware. They told me it wasn't possible because the steerer was oblong. Amazingly well informed about their own products.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

RDY wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:35 pm

110% confirmed fact.

My context for asking them was asking if the frameset was available without the proprietary stem and handlebar, as I'd prefer to use a third party solution which fit me better, as the new 795 used IS52/IS52 as far as I was aware. They told me it wasn't possible because the steerer was oblong. Amazingly well informed about their own products.

I've been waiting four months for a replacement bar from them as I do not like the 42 wide stock one. I would like to fit a 10mm shorter stem too, to trial.

They have told me "about a month" repeatedly, for the last four months straight.

The excuse used is they just don't have any extra 40 or 38 bars in stock yet, to which I reply "How is Team Cofidis getting all of theirs?"...

RDY

by RDY

Their road division seems to have been in total disarray since the failure of the Tunisian joint venture. Availability, lead times and information are still terrible more than 2 years later. I think the new 795 and 796 are priced like they are because Look know they're going to be virtually unobtainium for most of their life time, for what ever reason. Probably the majority of their bike (vs pedal) revenue comes from track contracts with French and other federations.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:31 pm
RDY wrote:

110% confirmed fact.

I've been waiting four months for a replacement bar from them as I do not like the 42 wide stock one. I would like to fit a 10mm shorter stem too, to trial.

They have told me "about a month" repeatedly, for the last four months straight.

The excuse used is they just don't have any extra 40 or 38 bars in stock yet, to which I reply "How is Team Cofidis getting all of theirs?"...
Seriously, it's soon time to ask which brand is not plagued by this.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

wobbly

by wobbly

RDY wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:45 pm
Their road division seems to have been in total disarray since the failure of the Tunisian joint venture. Availability, lead times and information are still terrible more than 2 years later. I think the new 795 and 796 are priced like they are because Look know they're going to be virtually unobtainium for most of their life time, for what ever reason. Probably the majority of their bike (vs pedal) revenue comes from track contracts with French and other federations.
No issues with lead time for me.
The shop checked with the distributor and they told me within 3 days when the frame would arrive. It arrived 1 week earlier than expected.
Couldn't fault the service at all.

njleach

by njleach

Anjoy Cycle currently has stock of 400mm bars: https://www.anjoycycle.com/products/loo ... -handlebar
and 90mm and 100mm stems: https://www.anjoycycle.com/products/loo ... 95-blade-2

If you want a 380mm bar, I just ordered one through ciclimattio, who advised it will ship mid-February.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

njleach wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 pm

Anjoy Cycle currently has stock of 400mm bars: https://www.anjoycycle.com/products/loo ... -handlebar
and 90mm and 100mm stems: https://www.anjoycycle.com/products/loo ... 95-blade-2

If you want a 380mm bar, I just ordered one through ciclimattio, who advised it will ship mid-February.

I'm aware Anjoy has had the items, but not going to spend that kind of money for what Look agreed to swap out.

Pugrot

by Pugrot

Yep frustration in waiting here too. Had my XL frame built up for weeks waiting on 38 bars arriving.

What cages are you putting on? I'm torn between old styles arundels, AliX carbon Ti copies or Topeaks 'version'.

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

Pugrot wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:04 pm
Yep frustration in waiting here too. Had my XL frame built up for weeks waiting on 38 bars arriving.

What cages are you putting on? I'm torn between old styles arundels, AliX carbon Ti copies or Topeaks 'version'.
I carried over a pair of Elite Cronofit TT's.

Pugrot

by Pugrot

Sick waiting on bars, getting EXS Aerovers, any recommendations from the brains on which 'common' bike it is most like for the headset cap?

by 208

Pugrot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:57 am
Sick waiting on bars, getting EXS Aerovers, any recommendations from the brains on which 'common' bike it is most like for the headset cap?
Where are you getting the exs aerovers?

Pugrot

by Pugrot

They came in stock on their website in limited sizes over the weekend and sold out pretty quick - someone said keep an eye on the EXS insta and be quick...

RDY

by RDY

RDY wrote:

110% confirmed fact.

They latterly accepted it was possible and that the steerer was round. But refuse to supply frames without the bars and stems, despite having an acute shortage of them. Which is holding up deliveries of frames, at least according to one dealer I spoke to :roll: I'm not paying more than a grand extra for things I'll never use, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pugrot

by Pugrot

140*380 EXS bars on.
Attachments
mcOkOzT8yn-YG6ky_K9mVOjBBYM0zsaxA_iS0QjzFbM-2048x1536.jpg