New Look 795 Blade RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

PFoxy wrote:What dize are you guys riding on the new blade and how tall are you?

Looking for my first race bike (only enfurance bike so far) and not sure what size to go for, 51 or 53. i am 174cm with a 81.5cm inseam.

Any recommendations?
Start with a good fitting session! It is the best investment you could do prior getting a bike.
If you have doubts on frame size, you would have more on saddle or bar position !

It will tell you IF this frame is made for you or not and if it is, what is size would allow the better position for you and for handling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

njleach

by njleach

C36 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:32 pm
PFoxy wrote:What dize are you guys riding on the new blade and how tall are you?

Looking for my first race bike (only enfurance bike so far) and not sure what size to go for, 51 or 53. i am 174cm with a 81.5cm inseam.

Any recommendations?
Start with a good fitting session! It is the best investment you could do prior getting a bike.
If you have doubts on frame size, you would have more on saddle or bar position !

It will tell you IF this frame is made for you or not and if it is, what is size would allow the better position for you and for handling.
As C36 said, best to get a proper bike fit and then use the geometry table to work out your perfect frame size. I am 178cm tall and ended up going with a size M frame and a 90mm stem. Currently on the stock 420mm bars whilst waiting for stock of 380mm to come in!

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

njleach wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:50 pm
Currently on the stock 420mm bars whilst waiting for stock of 380mm to come in!
When, and from where if I may ask?

LOOK told us it will be late February 2024 for the 38's, which begs the question do they even have any XS frames/builds for sale currently?

Cofidis surely had most of their stable outfitted with 38's, I'd bet.

I'm 189cm and on the L frame with a 110 stem for reference.

Might have to settle for a 40 bar, but accustomed to what measures a 39 for a great many years and the 42 feels like a 44 or more to me.

njleach

by njleach

BikeEatSleepRepeat wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:15 pm
njleach wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:50 pm
Currently on the stock 420mm bars whilst waiting for stock of 380mm to come in!
When, and from where if I may ask?
Via ciclimattio (not advertised on the website, but because I ordered the frameset through them they are happy to order the bar) - currently no ETA.

Also on the Anjoy Cycle notification waitlist for the same size.

Either way I think it will be early next year like you say. Perhaps they just aren't making that many small bike sizes ?

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

I was only able to test ride a size M, worked with regards to reach but they had to shove the seat post in quite far to make it somewhat workable. I asked some dealers to test ride a size S but only one of them sold one size S and both of them said a size S would be difficult to get a hold of for a test ride..

Edelrad's webshop says they weighed the Ultegra Di2 pro team version at 7.4kg without pedals in a size M, so likely a size S would still be 7.25-7.3kg?

njleach

by njleach

My size M with Dura Ace Di2, THM cranks, speedplay pedals, Garmin mount and Garmin Edge 840 weighs exactly 7kg

The difference between Dura Ace and Ultegra is about 400g, so 7.2-7.3kg for a size small with full Ultegra Di2 groupset sounds about right

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Very nice looking bike, njleach. All other colours are ok, specially thunder blue satin, imo

About the weight. Tarmac SL8:s weight differences between different sizes are suprisingly small, max 20 g (rtp frames?), and in cannondale supersix 56-58 30-50 g (different paint but in ballpark), so 100-150 g is maybe too much.
Ok. there is also probably different stem lengt and handlebar width

kitchencity

by kitchencity

Tunisia debacle and moving everything to a third party contractor in TW. Though it must have been 2 years now.
What happened to their Tunisia factory?

PFoxy

by PFoxy

TriJoeri wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:59 am
I was only able to test ride a size M, worked with regards to reach but they had to shove the seat post in quite far to make it somewhat workable. I asked some dealers to test ride a size S but only one of them sold one size S and both of them said a size S would be difficult to get a hold of for a test ride..

Edelrad's webshop says they weighed the Ultegra Di2 pro team version at 7.4kg without pedals in a size M, so likely a size S would still be 7.25-7.3kg?
How tall are you?

The Ultegra stock build weighs in at 7.6kg accoring to LOOK. Are the 7.4 you mentioned the stockbuild or with different wheels?

PFoxy

by PFoxy

njleach wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:12 am
My size M with Dura Ace Di2, THM cranks, speedplay pedals, Garmin mount and Garmin Edge 840 weighs exactly 7kg

The difference between Dura Ace and Ultegra is about 400g, so 7.2-7.3kg for a size small with full Ultegra Di2 groupset sounds about right
Yes but you have different wheels as well. The stock DuraAce build with the heavier corima wheels comes in at 7.3kg according to LOOK.

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

PFoxy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:18 pm
TriJoeri wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:59 am

How tall are you?

The Ultegra stock build weighs in at 7.6kg accoring to LOOK. Are the 7.4 you mentioned the stockbuild or with different wheels?
I'm 170cm, the geometry is basically the same as my current Cannondale Systemsix. The 7.4kg is a stock build: https://edelrad.de/rennrad/look/look-79 ... 2x12?c=148 it's mentioned in the description they weighed it themselves.

PFoxy

by PFoxy

So have you already decided if M works for your height? Looks like S would be the way to go?

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

PFoxy wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:02 pm
So have you already decided if M works for your height? Looks like S would be the way to go?
I always intended to go for a size S if I would buy the Look, the geometry very closely matches my Systemsix. They just don't have a size S to test anywhere in Belgium or the Netherlands.

njleach

by njleach

Mapdec partial build video and review of the new Look 795 Blade RS:

https://youtu.be/7y9LgimCGFg?si=DcPw-rFwJdmcx4a5

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

njleach wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:55 am
Mapdec partial build video and review of the new Look 795 Blade RS:

https://youtu.be/7y9LgimCGFg?si=DcPw-rFwJdmcx4a5

I find it really hard to take Mapdec seriously when he puts out videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQi6cSCAZY

Dude knows less about bikes than most people on this forum.