New Wahoo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 208

BBres wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 pm
Give me a break or your name is Jonas Vingegaard. People here exaggerate their needs, potential and capabilities so enormously. Like the guys talking about 2 watts saved at 50 km/h which they reached last time 2 years ago for 1,5 minute.

My coach said it’s one of the last type of data the WT cyclist might want to track, among 50 other much more important factors. I believe he has some knowledge, as a former u17 national team coach.
Haha. Why you so angry? Just because your wahoo head unit doesn't have a certain data field that Garmin does that people.find useful?

If your junior levels coach doesn't have the ability to use the data, perhaps you should be looking for a better coach. But I totally understand, not everyone had access to international level coaches. As my coach used to say "no one remembers a junior world champion" =)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aeo

by Aeo

According to https://the5krunner.com/2024/02/21/garm ... -official/ "Edge 1050 or 1040 AMOLED (Apr 2024)"
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

BBres

by BBres

208 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:09 am
BBres wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:53 pm
Give me a break or your name is Jonas Vingegaard. People here exaggerate their needs, potential and capabilities so enormously. Like the guys talking about 2 watts saved at 50 km/h which they reached last time 2 years ago for 1,5 minute.

My coach said it’s one of the last type of data the WT cyclist might want to track, among 50 other much more important factors. I believe he has some knowledge, as a former u17 national team coach.
Haha. Why you so angry? Just because your wahoo head unit doesn't have a certain data field that Garmin does that people.find useful?

If your junior levels coach doesn't have the ability to use the data, perhaps you should be looking for a better coach. But I totally understand, not everyone had access to international level coaches. As my coach used to say "no one remembers a junior world champion" =)
You are mistaken. I am not angry. I am laughing at what you write here :welcome: .

But you are also acting silly, firstly assuming that my coach doesn't have the ability to analyze the data - yes he does, yes he's 100% positive this type of data is one of the least useful data, preceded by hundreds of much more important factors. Secondly, if you read the thread carefully you'll know that I use Garmin, and I have all the trash type data.

I guess you have your world class coach and I bet you will be the world champion everybody will remember. Fingers crossed. The last part of your post proves you must be some kind of a clown.

usr

by usr

Aeo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 am
According to https://the5krunner.com/2024/02/21/garm ... -official/ "Edge 1050 or 1040 AMOLED (Apr 2024)"
My bet would be a 1040+ that adds buttons, to close the gap it has to the cheaper 840. The surprisingly small battery of the 1040 (half way between Bolt and Roam!) would be emptied in no time if they tried to light up a 1040-sized AMOLED to the point of beating the midday sun. Bike computers can't cheap out on battery consumption with a gesture mode.

If the t5k's sources do indicate something specifically AMOLED, it will be a variant aimed at eMTB were power use is solved by hooking up to the traction battery. The low end Explore already has a variant that does that, Garmin even went to the lengths of making two physically different models where only the e-bike of has the connectors in the quarter turn mount (which all 5/8/1040 have despite their extremely low demand for an add-on battery)

BBres

by BBres

Okay I simply asked Wahoo support and they replied that they cannot say if there will be a new head unit released, but if I can wait there may be some updates in Q3 or Q4.

Make your own conclusions.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk