Integrated cockpit choice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 208

After suggestions for an integrated cockpit which so far I think probably doesn't exist.

After something with the following apx specs:
350-360 tops
400-410 drops
120-130 stem
compact shape in terms of reach/drop

Something like the enve ses bars but in an integrated cockpit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

K4m1k4z3

by K4m1k4z3

I feel like everybody's looking for something along those lines these days. *shrugs*
'24 S-Works Tarmac SL8 RTP - soon™
'22 Tarmac SL7 Expert | Ultegra R8100 | Alpinist CL / Custom Rapide CLX 2x60
'19 Diverge E5 Comp
'18 Epic HT Comp Carbon WMN
'18 TCR Adv Pro 1 Disc

by 208

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:40 pm
I feel like everybody's looking for something along those lines these days. *shrugs*
agree

TeaBasedOrganism

by TeaBasedOrganism

If something like this was available, I would have bought it a few weeks ago. Instead, got the Enve ses cockpit again. They really were ahead of the curve.

by 208

TeaBasedOrganism wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:13 pm
If something like this was available, I would have bought it a few weeks ago. Instead, got the Enve ses cockpit again. They really were ahead of the curve.
correct me if i'm wrong here, but i think pog may have been on an integrated cockpit version of the ses bars at the tdf. maybe they have something in the works?

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Yes. Pogacar use the "prototype" of the new enve integrated bar. His version was 125 mm stem, 360 mm hoods and 400 mm in the end on drops, if I remember correct

Upcountry

by Upcountry

I'm a huge fan of the Enve SES bars, and I too am waiting for them to release the integrated version... Tadej has been on them for a while, and they've offered a similar style bar/stem for their CustomRoad frameset modules.
With that, I'm running the Enve SES bars on four of my bikes right now, road and gravel, with the Aethos being the exception... And I haven't been loving the Pro PLT Ergo Carbon bars on the Aethos as much as I once did. It think the lack of "flare" is partially to blame for this. I'm running really slammed and long/low(-17) stems on all the bikes with the exception of said Aethos, so I'm able to get away with a -10 degree stem(36cm x 110mm), and decided to try one of the newer offerings, not at all for the aero benefits, but simply for the feel; hopefully.
I reached out to Avian regarding their Canary integrated handlebar and they were quick to reply with answers and photos that I requested, of both the transition spacers/bearing covers, and also of a standard round spacer on top of the expander top cap. The specs look pretty solid, with 20mm of flare in the drops, semi compact shaping, and a pretty nice aethetic that doesn't look to bulky for a non-aero bike. Also the option of internal through the "stem" or standard routing was a must for my use case. The weight of ~250g doesn't hurt either! placed the order earlier this week from PandaPodium, who was also really quick to help out with answering questions once again. No idea of ETA, but I'll follow up when they arrive, as these look to be another nice option.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Enve will eventually release their one-piece bar.. so they say.

I am currently using their Melee stem with a Metron 4D MAS on my BMC
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by 208

Upcountry wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:36 pm
I'm a huge fan of the Enve SES bars, and I too am waiting for them to release the integrated version... Tadej has been on them for a while, and they've offered a similar style bar/stem for their CustomRoad frameset modules.
With that, I'm running the Enve SES bars on four of my bikes right now, road and gravel, with the Aethos being the exception... And I haven't been loving the Pro PLT Ergo Carbon bars on the Aethos as much as I once did. It think the lack of "flare" is partially to blame for this. I'm running really slammed and long/low(-17) stems on all the bikes with the exception of said Aethos, so I'm able to get away with a -10 degree stem(36cm x 110mm), and decided to try one of the newer offerings, not at all for the aero benefits, but simply for the feel; hopefully.
I reached out to Avian regarding their Canary integrated handlebar and they were quick to reply with answers and photos that I requested, of both the transition spacers/bearing covers, and also of a standard round spacer on top of the expander top cap. The specs look pretty solid, with 20mm of flare in the drops, semi compact shaping, and a pretty nice aethetic that doesn't look to bulky for a non-aero bike. Also the option of internal through the "stem" or standard routing was a must for my use case. The weight of ~250g doesn't hurt either! placed the order earlier this week from PandaPodium, who was also really quick to help out with answering questions once again. No idea of ETA, but I'll follow up when they arrive, as these look to be another nice option.
They look really nice, but there just isn't enough flare for what I'm after personally. The 20mm flare seems pretty standard right now.

noelnoel

by noelnoel

Upcountry wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:36 pm

Just wondering how the Avian handlebars are going? I just received my pair. I didnt realise that the stem is +10 degrees which is not ideal for my style of riding. I am interested to hear your thoughts.

Upcountry

by Upcountry

To be clear for others, the stem is -10 degrees, not positive....

My thoughts are here in a similar thread. Unfortunately not great...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=163899&start=165#p1834580

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UrgentDelay

by UrgentDelay

Has anyone performed or considered routing cables externally through this hole, into the frame and fork?