Hammerhead Karoo 3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elfuinha

by elfuinha

New Karoo 3...???
Attachments
FB_IMG_1709290846405.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

They kept the mount ... :?

Aryeh

by Aryeh

A lot of the info on here is restricted until May 15th so maybe that is the release date
https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/C9O-HKB1

Stendhal

by Stendhal

RDY wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:59 pm
They kept the mount ... :?
It is a loony mount -- fortunately a Garmon mount adapter is included
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

markyboy

by markyboy

I liked my Karoo 2 but it got wet on a rainy ride and stopped working,so I went back to garmin.I would like to get the 3 but the features I like on the garmin is that you can see what gear ratio you are in on the screen etc etc,shimano blocked Karoo from those features or is there a way around it?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Matte86

by Matte86

markyboy wrote:I liked my Karoo 2 but it got wet on a rainy ride and stopped working,so I went back to garmin.I would like to get the 3 but the features I like on the garmin is that you can see what gear ratio you are in on the screen etc etc,shimano blocked Karoo from those features or is there a way around it?
I don’t have a K2, but if you check DC or Lama they have a video on how to make it work through an IQ app
If I remember correctly Lama recently posted a video on a new version of the app which improved user interface

markyboy

by markyboy

Matte86 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 am
markyboy wrote:I liked my Karoo 2 but it got wet on a rainy ride and stopped working,so I went back to garmin.I would like to get the 3 but the features I like on the garmin is that you can see what gear ratio you are in on the screen etc etc,shimano blocked Karoo from those features or is there a way around it?
I don’t have a K2, but if you check DC or Lama they have a video on how to make it work through an IQ app
If I remember correctly Lama recently posted a video on a new version of the app which improved user interface
What I did on the 2 was not do an update which would of wiped the feature out.
I really liked the Karoo but on a ride which was raining the screen went blank and it was unusable.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

HBike

by HBike

markyboy wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:39 am
Matte86 wrote:
I really liked the Karoo but on a ride which was raining the screen went blank and it was unusable.
Weird. I use the Karoo 2 in heavy rain, snow etc. when commuting. No problems at all. Battery life could be better, besides that I am happy.

markyboy

by markyboy

HBike wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:26 am
markyboy wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:39 am
Matte86 wrote:
Weird. I use the Karoo 2 in heavy rain, snow etc. when commuting. No problems at all. Battery life could be better, besides that I am happy.
I think what happened the rubber grommet in the charging port was missing,then got caught in the rain.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

usr

by usr

Aryeh wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:40 am
A lot of the info on here is restricted until May 15th so maybe that is the release date
https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/C9O-HKB1
Thanks. That date or later. If they have a process that includes this "preview phase", did you also scan the database for indications of shifters and derailleurs? I feel tempted to assume that this 15th will be the day the entire new AXS will have its release.

(I suspect that having a "preview phase" or not is based on which lab they book for certification, I think I have seen examples where nothing at all appeared before release date? But it's all speculation, I know nothing)

RDY

by RDY

Mid-Giro launch doesn't make a lot of sense. Either before / right at the beginning, or after, would make more sense.

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

The date of release can be before the expiration date on the FCC website. It's unlikely to be after it.

usr

by usr

gloscherrybomb wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:36 pm
The date of release can be before the expiration date on the FCC website. It's unlikely to be after it.
Can they sell before publication? They would certainly be allowed to still not sell after publication... But a soft launch, presented to the public but still only pre-order and special access people like teams and reviewers, that wouldcertainly be possible (happens all the time, at least without public presentation)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Re: the K3, they must be showing it to more people at Taipei, so I'd assume there'll be a load of leaks imminently.