Hammerhead Karoo 3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

miOdiO

by miOdiO

Israel Premier Tech is now using Garmin.
Maybe an other sign that no new Karoo 3 is coming?

NotYou

by NotYou

Meanwhile, Bora Hansgrohe is now using Hammerheads as part of their switch to SRAM. There has to be some computer at least for this season, otherwise I doubt they'd go through the trouble of making the team use them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

On one hand, it makes sense regarding the product lifecycycle.
On the other, it's not that K2 stopped working - it is still a very good navi.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

tmrace

by tmrace

Karoo 3 will just be called the "Karoo" and will cost $475 USD if purchased separately. It will also be bundled with new Red groupset by default.

Sidenote, did they fix the poor UI "update" from a while back?

miOdiO

by miOdiO

tmrace wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:40 am
Yes, I think you can now decide which UI you want. Old one or the updated one.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

miOdiO wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:09 am
tmrace wrote:
Yes, I think you can now decide which UI you want. Old one or the updated one.
Ok, but I guess going forward they will only keep developing one UI? Surely they won't support the old UI indefinitely, will they?
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

thirdsun

by thirdsun

tmrace wrote:
Karoo 3 will just be called the "Karoo" and will cost $475 USD if purchased separately. It will also be bundled with new Red groupset by default.

Bundled with every Red purchase or just as a separate option? Seems quite unnecessary to bundle it with every sold group since people have strong feelings and preferences about their bike computer. A bundled Karoo might be useless to many. Good for the second hand market though, I guess.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Where is the info on the new model at?

toxin

by toxin

There isnt any

usr

by usr

thirdsun wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:03 pm
tmrace wrote:

Bundled with every Red purchase or just as a separate option? Seems quite unnecessary to bundle it with every sold group since people have strong feelings and preferences about their bike computer. A bundled Karoo might be useless to many. Good for the second hand market though, I guess.
Depends on how much of the group configuration can still be done on the smartphone. They'd in theory be able to make the group completely unusable without a paired Karoo. That would be very deep into shooting themselves in the foot territory, but they *could*. Or even more suicidal (but somewhat "rational" on a purely technical level), abandon iOS and go Karoo only, with that software put on the Play store as a fallback for the non-iOS.

But nothing of that will happen. One perfectly sufficient reason is that OEM will insist on being able to serve both price points. What I would not entirely rule out is non-OEM complete kits only being offered Karoo included, but I think even that is rather unlikely. And buyers who don't want the computer would just purchase separate parts.

EdWiser

by EdWiser

toxin wrote:There isnt any
So all this talk is just wishful thinking thinking Image

toxin

by toxin

The sram stuff is ppl with 'sources', but as far as specs, software, etc. go we don't really know a damn thing

tmrace

by tmrace

toxin wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:09 am
The sram stuff is ppl with 'sources', but as far as specs, software, etc. go we don't really know a damn thing
Some people do know

3.2" ; 480x800 ; 2.0 ghz ; GNSS ; 4gb ram ; 15hr

Aryeh

by Aryeh

tmrace wrote:
toxin wrote:
Some people do know

So a slightly smaller screen with higher resolution and double the RAM and faster CPU. I wonder where the battery life improvement is coming from.

jlok

by jlok

Aryeh wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:10 am
tmrace wrote:
toxin wrote:
Some people do know

So a slightly smaller screen with higher resolution and double the RAM and faster CPU. I wonder where the battery life improvement is coming from.
Slightly better battery? If not, most probably coming from more efficient chips and display, and optimized software. Or, manipulating the testing conditions.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com