Enve 1 Piece Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

€1522 EURO (25% VAT)
LOL

Tbh, the bar looks extremely cheap and heavy, like any other Chinese bar. The Roval bar looks way better, more stylish, modern and lighter.

https://r2-bike.com/ENVE-SES-AR-IN-Rout ... -Handlebar

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

The Roval bar is made very cheaply in China and flogged to Specialized suckers. I don't see what the issue is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alanyu

by alanyu

The roval bar is not even made in China. It's from Vietnam instead.

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

patchandscruff wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:39 pm
The Roval bar is made very cheaply in China and flogged to Specialized suckers. I don't see what the issue is.
If you think the Enve bar is somehow inherently better made because it's made in the USA, then by all means, go ahead and pay double the price of every other integrated cockpit out there. If you live in reality, there's no reason this thing should cost $1200. To say the Roval is lower quality because it's made overseas is hilariously dense.

Jz91

by Jz91

Yeah, unless you're US based or US centric, what's the selling point here really? Are those bars higher quality because of where they're made? Rather doubtful.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Made is USA is a selling point. Is it better is debateable . I would generally prefer it for example. That's face it, these bars are botique and the earlier pictures shown all have the word Baum on it, which is also a botique brand. In other words these are not made for everyone and the price reflects it.

they dont interest me.. I would however be interested in the one-piece aero version not this AR like version.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 pm
Made is USA is a selling point. Is it better is debateable .
A selling point to whom though? Do any Europeans give a shit if it's made in the USA? Made in USA is basically propaganda to let people feel all warm and fuzzy about buying American made and all that Murica nonsense. And if you think (the proverbial you not you in particular) that Made in USA automatically means quality then you've drank the Kool Aid. Which is fine, I'm not going to stop you from buying whatever you feel like. But there is no difference in quality from these Enve or the Roval or the Black Inc cockpits in my opinion.

These Enve bars and the upcoming aero version actually interest me very much. They have the length and width options I want and the perfect amount of flare from hoods to drops. But there isn't any world that I'd spend $1200. The BMC cockpit could almost fit the bill but would need to be modified to fit my Tarmac.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:30 am
€1522 EURO (25% VAT)
LOL

Tbh, the bar looks extremely cheap and heavy, like any other Chinese bar. The Roval bar looks way better, more stylish, modern and lighter.

https://r2-bike.com/ENVE-SES-AR-IN-Rout ... -Handlebar
Sounds more like bad joke.
I have no idea who is going to buy this.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

you never know.. eye of the beholder thing. I'm sure Murica peeps prefer some euro brands over chinese as well, so it's not unseeable that Euros would prefer murica over chinese.

At this point in time I would much prefer my contact points with the bike to be made by a reputable company and or Murica. My experience with "aliexpress" type products is not confidence inspiring.

I will soon have the BMC cockpit since I purchased the new BMC and I'm with you on the Enve aero version.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

guyc

by guyc

There is no world where the costs of these bars are in any way aligned with the asking price. But this is Enve and pricing is a fun game for them.

alanyu

by alanyu

It's a no surprising Enve price including the possible future warranty replacement cost.

HBike

by HBike

BikeTyson wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:23 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 pm
Made is USA is a selling point. Is it better is debateable .
A selling point to whom though? Do any Europeans give a shit if it's made in the USA? Made in USA is basically propaganda to let people feel all warm and fuzzy about buying American made and all that Murica nonsense. And if you think (the proverbial you not you in particular) that Made in USA automatically means quality then you've drank the Kool Aid. Which is fine, I'm not going to stop you from buying whatever you feel like. But there is no difference in quality from these Enve or the Roval or the Black Inc cockpits in my opinion.

These Enve bars and the upcoming aero version actually interest me very much. They have the length and width options I want and the perfect amount of flare from hoods to drops. But there isn't any world that I'd spend $1200. The BMC cockpit could almost fit the bill but would need to be modified to fit my Tarmac.
People want jobs in the US and not to be transferred to China etc. Labor costs are higher, for example, so products get more expensive.
People complain that thay are expensive and buy cheap in China. US site closes. Then people complain that jobs are lost in the US. (can be transferred to other western countries).

Jz91

by Jz91

MRM

by MRM

That is completely valid, but for $1200 it should be lighter (without sacrificing too much stiffness etc.) than Darimo and definitely than the Roval Rapide cockpit etc.
If the product is worse in every way except where it was produced (in terms of buying decisions), the case can't really be made that it's viable in the market place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

When can we say that UAE handlebar (first on pogacar bike) has been used for more than 1 year?

Enve is not releasing that bar ever...