Roval Rapide Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shadco

by Shadco

Old Man's Rapide setup on an Aethos. Aethos top cap bolt fits flush.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Shadco wrote:Old Man's Rapide setup on an Aethos. Aethos top cap bolt fits flush.

That works well! Are they the MagCad spacers? Could you send a few more photos (a close up of the spacers and one looking down on the top of the bars + top tube, ) - thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarmacian

by Tarmacian

This has my interest as well. Rurrently I run the Alpinist Cockpit but i don't like it. Thinking about swapping it for the Rapide but the combination spacer tower/rapide holds me back.

This looks great at first glance!
Beancouter wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:05 am
Shadco wrote:Old Man's Rapide setup on an Aethos. Aethos top cap bolt fits flush.

That works well! Are they the MagCad spacers? Could you send a few more photos (a close up of the spacers and one looking down on the top of the bars + top tube, ) - thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadco

by Shadco

Tarmacian

by Tarmacian

Look neat. Hoe many mm spacer do you have?

LeMillion

by LeMillion

For anyone looking for multiple sizes in the handlebar - specialized US website just stocked. Finally grabbed the 380x115.

Shadco

by Shadco

35mm

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

LeMillion wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:13 pm
For anyone looking for multiple sizes in the handlebar - specialized US website just stocked. Finally grabbed the 380x115.
Thanks for the heads up... grabbed 2 in the same size!

parajba

by parajba

LeMillion wrote:
Still in stock on the US website, that's crazy! This size has been out of stock for months in the UK and Europe.

I tried to order it from the US website but it doesn't let me. New stock will be available from the end of July in the UK. How is that possible? I mean, why such a difference? I would have thought they are a single company.

Anyway, it sucks that I need to wait so long when there is plenty of stock in the US.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

If you desperately need it now you can use one of the many US shipping forwarders out there, who will receive and forward it to you.

parajba

by parajba

Oh thanks, I didn't know, I suspect I will need to pay for this service and then VAT or custom's duty when it reaches the UK...might add another 200USD?

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

The companies will charge you a bit for the service. Beyond that, yes, there will be whatever additional duties and fees are applicable for the UK.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

parajba wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:28 am
LeMillion wrote:
Still in stock on the US website, that's crazy! This size has been out of stock for months in the UK and Europe.

I tried to order it from the US website but it doesn't let me. New stock will be available from the end of July in the UK. How is that possible? I mean, why such a difference? I would have thought they are a single company.

Anyway, it sucks that I need to wait so long when there is plenty of stock in the US.
I think you're mis-reading his post... They weren't still in stock... they litereally just re-stocked and were re-listed. They had been sold out basically since release day. They are a single company, but they're international, so they have stocking warehouses all around the world that service different regions. I'm pretty sure the US has at least 3 warehouses. They're going to ship product from a US warehouse to a customer in UK because that would be added expense to them, which inevitably gets passed to you, so they bulk ship HUGE quantities of product to the indivdual warehouses based on need. If the US site just re-stocked, I bet the UK/Euro site will have them soon, they just probably have gotten the shipment or were further down the NEED list.

pamoreira

by pamoreira

I think I've seen this mentioned here somewhere before, but cannot be sure... Anyone knows what is the actual width on the hoods & drops for the 40 cm version of the cockpit? I have it on my SL8, but it's not with me at the moment and cannot measure it (and Specialized has no diagram/schematic of the dimensions on the website).

I want to order the Avian Canary integrated handlebar for my SL7, and that one flares out by 2 cm on the drops - just want to know which one is the closest in dimensions to the 40 cm Rapide cockpit - the 38/40 or 40/42 Avian Canary.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Measured from their centrepoints, the hoods measure 40 cm and the drops approximately 41 cm.