Roval Rapide Cockpit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

parajba

by parajba

It's out of stock until later summer, like August or September. Any reason? I am looking for a 38cm x 115mm. How can it be?

tyro13

by tyro13

Charlie69 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 pm
Anyone else having trouble with Garmin getting loose in the magcad version and if so is there any solutions?
yes after a few rides....so much play its no more safe. Put some pieces of tape on it to reduce the play. it's better now. It is an emergency solution but it should not be allowed!
Magcad is shit... light but that's all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jz91

by Jz91

parajba wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:29 am
It's out of stock until later summer, like August or September. Any reason? I am looking for a 38cm x 115mm. How can it be?
Perhaps they're designing a new bar less crappy than this. Joking...impossible for roval to do anything decent it seems.
tyro13 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:21 am
[quote=Charlie69 post_id=<a href="tel:1867076">1867076</a> time=<a href="tel:1715183981">1715183981</a> user_id=74421]
Anyone else having trouble with Garmin getting loose in the magcad version and if so is there any solutions?
yes after a few rides....so much play its no more safe. Put some pieces of tape on it to reduce the play. it's better now. It is an emergency solution but it should not be allowed!
Magcad is shit... light but that's all.
[/quote]

So what the solution would be? The stock one is a guaranteed failure similar to shimano cranks.
K-edge? Does it at least have a decent angle?

Edit: the final end cost of this bar is rather high when considering the cost of a decent mount and for those whe care a decent looking top cap with a bolt that actually fits...

tyro13

by tyro13

Bam ! ordered the alpitude stelvio mount.

Torbjorn

by Torbjorn

Jz91 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:58 am
So what the solution would be? The stock one is a guaranteed failure similar to shimano cranks.
What do you mean that it is guaranteed failure?

Charlie69

by Charlie69

tyro13 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:42 am
Is it compatible with the roval rapide cockpit?

tyro13

by tyro13

Charlie69 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 am
tyro13 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:42 am
Is it compatible with the roval rapide cockpit?
They say yes.On the site of alpitude you see it's compatible withe the roval alpinist but also with the rapide cockpit.

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Jz91 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 8:58 am
What's this guaranteed failure?

Between SL7 stem and the rapid cockpit, I must have done 20,000kms with the standard barfly one without an issue*

*Well, I had an issue on the first time I used it, I was sent a bolt that was too short and snapped. All fine since, though.

I've just picked up a Magcad one because I like the go pro mount location better, so frustrated to hear that doesn't last well either :|

steve028

by steve028

scottydonald wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:40 pm
Some pics of it in the wild -

IMG_0633.PNG
IMG_0634.PNG
seriously nice setup that, very clean

Jz91

by Jz91

Not a direct owner but the number of people who reported issues with it wouldn't make me comfortable.

Also, it seems to me that whilst the stock support was deisgned for the previous stem, they have just recycled it for this bar, which would explain the odd angle of the mount.

LOWIEV

by LOWIEV

Jz91 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:28 pm
Not a direct owner but the number of people who reported issues with it wouldn't make me comfortable.

Also, it seems to me that whilst the stock support was deisgned for the previous stem, they have just recycled it for this bar, which would explain the odd angle of the mount.
i Haven't seen or heard any failure.

and to you it might be an odd angle.
but for me the angle is perfect. just as for 99% of the guys that actually use the bars on bikes that the race.
and the bike/barstem is designed to race you know...

Jz91

by Jz91

LOWIEV wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:59 am
Jz91 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:28 pm

i Haven't seen or heard any failure.

and to you it might be an odd angle.
but for me the angle is perfect. just as for 99% of the guys that actually use the bars on bikes that the race.
and the bike/barstem is designed to race you know...
For clarity I was referring to the mount... and if you've never heard or seen posts of people with the bolt stuck inside the bar and the mount cracked then you should search with a bit more attention...
This might be the primary reason I'd say as to why so many seem to be on the look out for an alternative mount...the second I always thought might be the computer angle...

Off all the reviews I've seen or read no one was praising the computer angle for being so great for racing...only comments I've seen (including on here) are on how it makes it hard to read the screen...so I' don't know where you got your 99% of people racing that approve the design...to me it only seems just lazy recycling of old parts. This feeling is also caused judging on how well they looked at other details when designing this bar...

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

People only post on the internet to complain about things. A bit like hookless issues, you'll only ever see reports of failures making it seem far worse than it really is.

I don't have a huge issue with the angle, I can see the computer fine 99% of the time, there's been a couple of times where I've struggled to see it through reflections when the sun has been bright and at a certain level in the sky. I can't say that wouldn't be the case at a flatter angle tbh.

parajba

by parajba

The Roval Rapide Integrated handlebar in my size 38cm/115 is out of stock until late July. I don't want to wait. What other alternatives do I have, if I wanted a similar thing? What do people buy instead? I am building a new SL8 and apart from this I have all the components.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bmrk

by bmrk

parajba wrote:The Roval Rapide Integrated handlebar in my size 38cm/115 is out of stock until late July. I don't want to wait. What other alternatives do I have, if I wanted a similar thing? What do people buy instead? I am building a new SL8 and apart from this I have all the components.
I went through a similar situation and from threads on we those seemed to be the common alternatives:

Exs aerover, usually out of stock but refreshes frequently and get sold out just as quickly.
Avian canary, very lightweight but some complaints of it being too flexy
Avian falcon, a bit heavier but stiffer than the canary

All of them shipping from china, so expect ~20days(?) from buying.

But I ended up finding a shop in Italy that had a last 380x115.

If it was now, I would just get a cheap sl7 stem, a good enough handlebar build the bike and wait for the roval as you wouldn’t be gaining much time on those alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk