Can the Dogma F use mechanical groupset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nielsen84

by Nielsen84

Hi

I have a DA9100 disc brake machanical group that I'm considering pairing with a Dogma F frame. The Pinarello site does bot clearly state if this is possible or not. Anyone who has done it, or can tell me if it is possible or not?

Thanks a ton!

Yoln

by Yoln

Not really answering the question. But a very nice Italian bike that you can build fully integrated with mechanical and disc brakes, is the Basso Diamanté. Hands down the most space for routing cables I have seen in 2023. Only the new Basso Diamanté though, not the 2021 version
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Nielsen84 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:36 pm
Hi

I have a DA9100 disc brake machanical group that I'm considering pairing with a Dogma F frame. The Pinarello site does bot clearly state if this is possible or not. Anyone who has done it, or can tell me if it is possible or not?

Thanks a ton!
Not possible!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Nielsen84

by Nielsen84

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:39 pm
Nielsen84 wrote:
Hi

Thanks a ton!
Not possible!
Thanks 😊 I'm curious why this is. Is it routing that makes it impossible?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Nielsen84 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:14 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:39 pm
Nielsen84 wrote:
Hi

Thanks a ton!
Not possible!
Thanks 😊 I'm curious why this is. Is it routing that makes it impossible?
Yes, i think this is the main issue with a wire. It doesn't handle the aggressive bends that internal routing demands.
Handlebar through stem and fork, i think these are the "kill blows".

Even when it comes to rim brake shifters with wireless shifting. I mean, if you'd use, as an example, Sram AXS rim brake groupset, you could use Juin tech or Growtac Equal calipers, but i doubt even the brakes would work well due to the bends.

EDIT: On the other hand i found this information

With 11 frame and countless handlebar fit options, you have an endless number of ways to find your perfect fit. Internal cable routing is also more convenient than ever thanks to the TiCR system which allows mechanical or electronic groupsets to easily be installed. This frame is also made to house direct-mount rim brakes for riders who prefer to keep their traditional feel. The Pinarello Dogma F Disc Frameset is ready to make its push as the world’s most dominant road bike.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ritxis

by Ritxis

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:13 am
The Pinarello Dogma F Disc Frameset is ready to make its push as the world’s most dominant road bike.
:shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Ritxis wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:36 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:13 am
The Pinarello Dogma F Disc Frameset is ready to make its push as the world’s most dominant road bike.
:shock: :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Yeah, what else can they claim with that price tag?
But with a steep record of cracking Dogma F frames, i just hope that everyone buying one of these DON'T buy it second hand.
Buying it from the best dealer they know of. Because there are numbers of people trying to use warranty.
Even Pinarello owners at FB have posted quite alot of frames cracked. All cracked at the same spot.
A dealer wrote me straight up, 3 bikes of 10 comes back cracked. No accidents, just riding on plain tarmac.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

GaBa

by GaBa

I thought F12 was still possible with me hanical bit not F. If it is, how about mechanical rim?

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

F12 can be run mechanical , theres no stops or windows on the F frame to make it possible . Maybe someone could fabricate some stuff to make it work for the RD , not sure on the FD

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Don’t think you can, if I remember correctly there is no hole for a fd mech cable, only a small hole for di2.
Cable stops aren’t the issue because you dont need cable stops with the latest 11s mech groupsets from shimano.

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:53 pm
Don’t think you can, if I remember correctly there is no hole for a fd mech cable, only a small hole for di2.
Cable stops aren’t the issue because you dont need cable stops with the latest 11s mech groupsets from shimano.
Now you got me thinking seeing I dont run a FD :idea:

Nielsen84

by Nielsen84

robbosmans wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:53 pm
I just checked and you are right. The placement of the hole for the FD does not fit support a cable. Now it got me thinking if I should do a mechanical 1x setup abd hope for the best 😛

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r1der

by r1der

Maybe you could drill a hole into the di2 battery holder and route the front derailleur housing through it. You'd only need to route it upwards around the bottom bracket either between the chainstays near the tires or next to the crank.