All Road / Do It All Bikes / Vitus Venon EVO

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

migara

by migara

Hey guys,

Fellow Venon owner here and I am looking to add fenders.

I bought the fender mount from Wiggle, and it was supplied with a bolt that is not going to fit. According to the frame tech spec sheet, I need a M5 x 0.8P x 15mm bolt.

I just looked underneath my fork, and that bolt is missing. I was just wondering if you had that bolt pre-installed when you bought the frame.
Attachments
IMG_8721.jpeg
IMG_8720.jpeg
IMG_8722.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Mine had black bolts in all the fender mounting holes, but I didn't use the supplied one in this particular place. There's nothing special about it, so any M5 bolt (stainless or galvanised steel) should do the job.

bobones

by bobones

If anyone in the UK is interested, Wiggle are selling the UDi2 road version for a bargain £3k atm. M and L sizes available. Force AXS D1 is also available.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 174348.png

kofsw4

by kofsw4

bobones wrote:If anyone in the UK is interested, Wiggle are selling the UDi2 road version for a bargain £3k atm. M and L sizes available. Force AXS D1 is also available.
That's a great deal! Their eBay outlet trisportsresort also has quite a few framesets up for auction with no reserve at the moment. Not sure if they're signed up for eBay's global shipping programme....

bobones

by bobones

kofsw4 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:16 pm
bobones wrote:If anyone in the UK is interested, Wiggle are selling the UDi2 road version for a bargain £3k atm. M and L sizes available. Force AXS D1 is also available.

That's a great deal! Their eBay outlet trisportsresort also has quite a few framesets up for auction with no reserve at the moment. Not sure if they're signed up for eBay's global shipping programme....
Looks like they only ship within UK, but you'd be laughing if you could grab one of these frames for a few hundred quid!

thirdsun

by thirdsun

thirdsun wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:17 pm
After weeks of searching for the missing fender mounts and an extensive back and forth with Wiggle they tell me that they can't ship those items to me (in Germany) due to their new international shipping restrictions. However in the very same mail they suggest that they could collect my Venon Evo instead. Ridiculous.

I already ordered the rear fender mounts from Condor as suggested in this thread and will try find some alternative for the fork bridge/mount too. Or drill through the mudguards.
By the way, I couldn't change Wiggle's mind. Multiple of their customer service people insisted on not being able to ship the front fender mount, a very small part, to Germany and rather suggested to have my bike collected instead. Absolutely ridiculous customer service. Winter is gone and it's not an urgent problem until next year but I'm really disappointed in this behavior. Not that it should matter but I was a Wiggle Platinum customer with a decent lifetime order volume until they stopped shipping internationally.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

trickytree1984

by trickytree1984

thirdsun wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:38 pm
thirdsun wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:17 pm
After weeks of searching for the missing fender mounts and an extensive back and forth with Wiggle they tell me that they can't ship those items to me (in Germany) due to their new international shipping restrictions. However in the very same mail they suggest that they could collect my Venon Evo instead. Ridiculous.

I already ordered the rear fender mounts from Condor as suggested in this thread and will try find some alternative for the fork bridge/mount too. Or drill through the mudguards.
By the way, I couldn't change Wiggle's mind. Multiple of their customer service people insisted on not being able to ship the front fender mount, a very small part, to Germany and rather suggested to have my bike collected instead. Absolutely ridiculous customer service. Winter is gone and it's not an urgent problem until next year but I'm really disappointed in this behavior. Not that it should matter but I was a Wiggle Platinum customer with a decent lifetime order volume until they stopped shipping internationally.
Unfortunately all the staff are gone. They are in administration. You will have to fit the guards into the existing hole.

Really useful thread for those if us looking at the bargain frames, knowing we won't get any service from wiggle now!

Nickldn

by Nickldn

trickytree1984 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:56 am
Unfortunately all the staff are gone. They are in administration. You will have to fit the guards into the existing hole.

Really useful thread for those if us looking at the bargain frames, knowing we won't get any service from wiggle now!
Unfortunately this applies to any Vitus frames (and many other own brand Wiggle products - believe me there are many). A real issue for frames with proprietary parts like seatposts and clamps. :cry:

Yes you might be getting a bargain, but it may actually be unusable if something goes wrong.

Venon isn't badly as badly affected I guess as it seems to use many standard parts, but you'll have to rely on yourself and not Wiggle customer service.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

markgoldstein

by markgoldstein

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare integrated seatpost clamp and a seatpost cover for the Vitus Venon that they’d sell me?

I was hoping to pickup one of the framesets from Wiggle’s eBay store, but apparently none of them include the clamp and cover, which essentially makes them unbuildable.

bobones

by bobones

markgoldstein wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:52 pm
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a spare integrated seatpost clamp and a seatpost cover for the Vitus Venon that they’d sell me?

I was hoping to pickup one of the framesets from Wiggle’s eBay store, but apparently none of them include the clamp and cover, which essentially makes them unbuildable.
It's an absolute joke that they're selling these framesets without the seatpost wedge. Just as well they have 30 day returns as I'm sure they'll all be going back when the buyers realise they've bought an unbuildable frame.

markgoldstein

by markgoldstein

Indeed. Someone who purchased one of the first framesets confirmed that the wedge wasn't included. He managed to source one from someone on the Vitus FB group.

trickytree1984

by trickytree1984

In the same boat. Unusable frameset received. No mention of the part missing on the auction. Can't find the wedge anywhere

Marco666

by Marco666

I finally got my Vitus Venon Evo frame from tri-sport resort after getting the run-around from them for 2+ weeks. They marked the frame as shipped, so I asked for a tracking number and after 5 days when nothing arrived, they stated that they had messaged me to say that the frame didn't have the seat tube wedge and did I still want it? (they hadn't messaged me...) I found the wedge on eBay, details below for anyone who hasn't found them. Again, they said that they had shipped the frame and gave me a tracking number, but after 3 days it was still not showing on the Parcel Force web site and after a conversation with PF they told me that the package hadn’t been shipped. More messages to TSR and after another few days the tracking went live and the frame arrived today.

I really could have done without the aggravation, but the frame is really nice and it will build to an amazing bike. Going to build it mostly with the new SRAM Force AXS XPLR D2 groupset.
PXL_20240327_141738774 (Medium).jpg
PXL_20240328_095845928 (Medium).jpg
The wedge for anyone that still needs one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226053849760

Anyone know if the mudguard mount is available from anywhere? I can make one myself from some 3mm aluminium sheet that I have, but would like the real deal if it’s available.

Marco666

by Marco666

migara wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:54 am
Hey guys,

Fellow Venon owner here and I am looking to add fenders.

I bought the fender mount from Wiggle, and it was supplied with a bolt that is not going to fit. According to the frame tech spec sheet, I need a M5 x 0.8P x 15mm bolt.

I just looked underneath my fork, and that bolt is missing. I was just wondering if you had that bolt pre-installed when you bought the frame.
I just finished my Venon build by adding the SKS Bluemels Stingray mudguards. I drilled out the 2 rivets from the front mudguard and enlarged the rear hole to 5mm and then bolted straight through into the mounting hole (picture below). I've made a few frame plugs on my 3D printer from red TPU and used them for the gear cable holes that I'm not using and the hole in the front mudguard from the missing rivet. The bottle cages are borrowed from my other bike, I've got some with red accents on the way (to match the rest of the bike!). It was a fun build and the SRAM wireless makes everything super easy.
PXL_20240406_095257318 (Medium).jpg
PXL_20240406_095313048 (Medium).jpg
PXL_20240406_095319901 (Medium).jpg
PXL_20240406_095347922 (Medium).jpg
PXL_20240406_095447917 (Medium).jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Nice work, Marco! I hope all the eBay frameset buyers managed to get the seatpost wedge they needed. Front guard looks better mounted this way, without the bracket, IMO. I am sure you'll end up loving the Venon as much as I do.

I've just swapped out the stock FSA stem and my Prime Primavera aero bars for a set of Avian Canaries, dropping over 200 g in the process. I've also taken off my PDW guards, and I'm in the process of transformation to summer roadie mode, but can still fit a rear QuickGuard if it's going to be rainy. Going to run with the 3T Discus 4045s and 32 mm STRs for a while, but have a set of much lighter Elites on the way.