Countervail - Why did Bianchi drop it ... or did they ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sanchpanza

by Sanchpanza

What's the story with countervail ? Its just Kevlar in the weave isn't it, but works really well in my view, but it seems to have been dropped. Is it used on the new Oltre? Anyone know whats going on ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

It's more than Kevlar.
From Bianchi.com:
The Bianchi CV vibration cancelling system combines viscoelastic material together with a special carbon fiber architecture to dissipate vibration.

Advantages for the rider are more control, less muscle fatigue and more energy.

Bianchi CV cancels 80% of vibrations while increasing the stiffness and strenght of our carbon frames and forks.
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I don't think something is going on.....they just chose to design it without CV🤷🏼‍♂️
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

Oh and by the way the Oltre Pro models still use CV according to Bianchi.com

user83843

by user83843

I've grilled so many hi mod polymer framesets, each with their own special sauces, that I've lost count. two felt "noticeably better" over cobbles with respect to dampening. Both older frames - zertz Roubaix and Museeuw's flax laxative. I'd like to see manuf experiment more with on/off leaf springs and other tech that can provide at least 10mm of vertical compliance in the right spots.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Does the dyneema layup for TIME frames make a difference to ride quality?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Sanchpanza wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:22 pm
What's the story with countervail ? Its just Kevlar in the weave isn't it, but works really well in my view, but it seems to have been dropped. Is it used on the new Oltre? Anyone know whats going on ?
It's not used on the top frame to save some weight, or on the base frame because of cost, but the middle one has it. It's also still on the top level Infinito but they seem to be dropping it from the name.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com