Extend Q factor by 10mm on POWRLINK ZERO power pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ccie6872

by ccie6872

Curious if anyone found a way to extend the Q factor of the POWRLINK ZERO power pedals to 65mm from 55mm? I normally run 65mm version of Speedplay but have a need for the POWRLINK ZERO's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

ccie6872 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:14 am
Curious if anyone found a way to extend the Q factor of the POWRLINK ZERO power pedals to 65mm from 55mm? I normally run 65mm version of Speedplay but have a need for the POWRLINK ZERO's.
Same boat. Extenders won't work unfortunately since the min threading amount for the pedal to go in would make it 15-16mm. I am testing a pair of the Shimano assioma which have the 65 Q Factor and deciding whether the lack of float will work for me. The pedals are rock solid but I am just not used to clipping in with the same facility.

I am also debating whether the number of discounts I see on the Wahoo pedals is because of the company's financial state or because a new version is coming (unlikely given the 2022 release but who knows?) to fix some of the lingering lateral play issues and perhaps offer custom spindles.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

howl

by howl

sigma wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:20 pm
I am testing a pair of the Shimano assioma which have the 65 Q Factor and deciding whether the lack of float will work for me. The pedals are rock solid but I am just not used to clipping in with the same facility.
In case it's helpful - duo-shi works perfectly with M520 spd pedals, which gets you about the same increase in q factor, but easier to clip in.

sigma

by sigma

Great to know - thank you. Actually opens up a whole range of thoughts around gravel in that case too...
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8