Help me chose sl7 / SSE4 / Soloist / F7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

evangreen

by evangreen

So after the fit, I hunk I am down to the F7 and the SSE.

Update is that I can get the high mod with force group set and some cheaper wheels/ bar / stem / reusing my seat for £7k and the lab 71 for an extra £500. This would be a good platform to reduce weight in the future.

I know the folks on here aren't that into pinarello's so I'm assuming the comments will be more in favour of the SSE but still curious to hear thoughts on here options.

I'm not typically the type to pay so much for 40g, but seems like a v good deal given the difference in frame set list prices and the added resale/insurance value of the lab71 frame.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

evangreen wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:42 am
So after the fit, I hunk I am down to the F7 and the SSE.

Update is that I can get the high mod with force group set and some cheaper wheels/ bar / stem / reusing my seat for £7k and the lab 71 for an extra £500. This would be a good platform to reduce weight in the future.

I know the folks on here aren't that into pinarello's so I'm assuming the comments will be more in favour of the SSE but still curious to hear thoughts on here options.

I'm not typically the type to pay so much for 40g, but seems like a v good deal given the difference in frame set list prices and the added resale/insurance value of the lab71 frame.
If Lab71 is just 500GBP more, i would go for this since it's a premium product. Pinarello isn't, only Dogma F would be. Finally, talking Cannondale i would say, yes, Lab71.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

treyxt

by treyxt

SSE4
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

TLN

by TLN

If you can get Lab71 with cheaper components, that would be my choice too. You can swap parts for lighter/better over course of next few months and be set for another 3-4 years easily. I doubt that you can notice the difference between HM and Lab71, but latter one will command higher price when it's time to sell
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

What did you learn about your fit, and how did that narrow your choices?

Signed, someone with odd fitting needs

evangreen

by evangreen

I'm right in between 51 and 54 with most models.

I'm 5'8" with a longer torso, shorter legs, and shorter arms.

I could have fit the 51 or 54 SSE, but the 51 was maxed out on spacers and so the fitter thought it would have very little adjustability once on the road. Also with max spacers my hip angle was still at the lower limit.

With the 54cm I'm on a 0 offset seat post but have a much better hip angle, and I think we were still able to get me there with a 100mm stem (not in front of it right now)

The cervelo could have worked in 54 but not 51, as was a bit too long and low.

Generally, by body fits better w higher and shorter frames, which also made me think about the Caledonia 5.

At he end of the day, I'm going with the black 54 lab71, it will be coming w a force GS (with red cassette), knot 45 wheelset and a deda Alantra cockpit sub £8k.

Plans are to upgrade crankset with red and LB c. 1350g wheelset and to use my berk lupina - hoping to get near 6.8kg over time!

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Interesting, thanks! I'm an inch shorter, also with proportionally longer torso but also proportionally longer quads, which means I usually struggle with steeper seat angles. So the slacker seat angle on the Cervelo was good for me (and now I don't need the saddle slammed back). I also tried the 51 and 54 but glad I went with the 51 for the lower stem. Funny how complex body geometries are!

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

evangreen wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:16 am
I'm right in between 51 and 54 with most models.

I'm 5'8" with a longer torso, shorter legs, and shorter arms.

I could have fit the 51 or 54 SSE, but the 51 was maxed out on spacers and so the fitter thought it would have very little adjustability once on the road. Also with max spacers my hip angle was still at the lower limit.

With the 54cm I'm on a 0 offset seat post but have a much better hip angle, and I think we were still able to get me there with a 100mm stem (not in front of it right now)

The cervelo could have worked in 54 but not 51, as was a bit too long and low.

Generally, by body fits better w higher and shorter frames, which also made me think about the Caledonia 5.

At he end of the day, I'm going with the black 54 lab71, it will be coming w a force GS (with red cassette), knot 45 wheelset and a deda Alantra cockpit sub £8k.

Plans are to upgrade crankset with red and LB c. 1350g wheelset and to use my berk lupina - hoping to get near 6.8kg over time!
What's your inseam and armspan?

This is interesting to me since I've been always debating whether to go with 54 or 52 cm Evo's (older models). I actually ended up getting both. I'm a little over 5'8, but 29 inch inseam. Setback was always normal post and about in the middle for me, but I felt stretched on a 54. Wonder if moving saddle forward is a solution for me and or 170 cranks