Light clip-on aero bars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

I’m planning some long rides this summer and I’m considering adding clip-on aprobars to my setup to save some watts and have additional position for long days in the saddle.
Any experiences with light, carbon options?

js

by js

If you can find them, the HED Clip-lite aerobars were the lightest I'd ever seen (<300g) and they had more adjustments than a lot of other company's lightweight designs that used fixed pad locations. The HED pads could be set a few cm back of the bar and they flipped up too, which was a nice bonus for a climbing course (Nice IM for example).

Fun fact, they were actually developed for some Texan racing the Ventoux TT in 2004. I can't remember if he actually used them, but they were an outstanding product.

Here's a site that shows what they were all about - https://www.cyclingavenue.com/us/hed-cl ... 2402-00001

Beyond that, you're likely looking around 400-500g for other options. I like the alloy version of the PRO missile. Weight is bang on 500g, but you can adjust the arm pads independent of the bar clamps, which to me is worth the extra 100g over the carbon version - especially if setting these up on a road bike, where you'd likely want the pads several cm back from the bars.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com