EE G4 Brake Pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sigma

by sigma

Wondering which brake pads people have found the best for EE brakes (G4) for carbon rims? I believe the Shimano style pads are the appropriate sized ones.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

Campagnolo Red (Shimano stylee) are performing great for me. Amazing power, feel and modulation. Can squeal a bit under heavy braking but slight toe in fixes it. Dare I say it: I prefer this combo to SRAM Force discs.

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

I use SwissStop Black Prince FlashEvo on Bontrager XXX4 rims.

Quite soft, but I'd rather run through pads than rims!

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Same here, but Roval CLX32.

Fast wearing, but they perform well.
Knightyboy27 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 8:01 pm
I use SwissStop Black Prince FlashEvo on Bontrager XXX4 rims.

Quite soft, but I'd rather run through pads than rims!

kode54

by kode54

I used the softer gray Enve pads when on the eeBrakes on all carbon wheels (when I was riding rim). The black Enve pads lasted longer but made noise and didn’t stop as well.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

andy4g63

by andy4g63

The problem here's that a a different carbon rims, like different pads.

I had a Vision Metron 55 and they were great with Reynolds blue cryo pads, but not so good on LB AR56...
I switched to Black prince...

So you have to try a few different before choosing which one is the best for you.

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

I've been using the blue carbon style pads Cane Creek has . Good feeling and bite , Not to bad in the wet . Running them on G4 Direct mount calipers on Zipp 404 NSW's and Decadence wheels , Pinarello F . I haven't a clue who makes the pads.

CR987

by CR987

I found that the Giant pads are incredible, far superior to the Shimano and SwissStop. I first used them on my rim brake 2018 TCR Adv Pro 0 which had the SLR1 wheels. Weird but true!

When the original pads were worn I bought the Shimano carbon and couldn't believe how hard they were in comparison. The Giant shop actually sold me the Shimano pads and I had to go back and make them order the Giant pads instead.

I'm now using the Giant pads with Dura Ace calipers on Roval CLX32's on another bike

nickf

by nickf

bobones wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:58 pm
Campagnolo Red (Shimano stylee) are performing great for me. Amazing power, feel and modulation. Can squeal a bit under heavy braking but slight toe in fixes it. Dare I say it: I prefer this combo to SRAM Force discs.
This. I just recently switched to the campag red pads. Best pads I have used to date. Much better performance in all conditions compared to black prince pads. Brake tracks seem fine so far, no unusual wear.

rhs2z

by rhs2z

I just purchased the DM chainstay version of the EEG4 from (what I hope is) the legitimate Cane Creek site: https://canecreek.com/ .

Upon opening the package, I was surprised that there was no EE badge on the caliper (see image). I was a bit worried because the cane creek website specifically mentions that lacking a badge is a sign of a counterfeit product. (In addition, most pictures of the brake found online have the EE badge on the caliper.)

On the other hand, the site looks legit to me and it was shipped from Fletcher NC haha. And they do have the EE badge etched on the brake shoes.

Does anyone know: is this normal for the chainstay version of the G4?
Attachments
image_67174145.JPG

alanyu

by alanyu

It's normal. There was white logo on G3 chainstay mount, but on G4 they cheap out the finishing. Also less chamfers and filets compared to G3.

rhs2z

by rhs2z

That’s a relief, thanks!

rhs2z

by rhs2z

As an aside: a cane creek rep just informed me that DM eebrakes are officially discontinued as of today

Knedragon27

by Knedragon27

rhs2z wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:41 pm
As an aside: a cane creek rep just informed me that DM eebrakes are officially discontinued as of today
Makes sense . Pretty much the last rim brake frame is DM , Pinarello F . What else is left for rim brake :unbelievable:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com