Van Rysel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C36

by C36

toxin wrote:Pro frameset will be available for 2500€ in april, there will be a raw carbon (clear coat?) version

Wow… I was considering the bike (decathlon ag2r riders are incredibly happy with the bike) but can’t imagine they offer it that cheap…

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

I'm interested in their aero helmet. Looks very similar to the Evade. Unfortunately both the Evade 2 & 3 are too long and oval for my head. Wish they would sell the round version in the US. So the Van Rysel could be an option depending on the fit.

C36

by C36

On my way to ski I stopped by a decathlon store and seen the bike in real (Std version, white and raw carbon, Rival, 303s), I previously only saw it with Decathlon riders.
- super nicely finished, looked at the TA, caliper bolt areas, paint is clean surfaces appeared well prepared for clamping
- the rubber around the seat post looked a bit loose
- I would have prefered a glossy seatpost to match the glossy frame
- the brake hoses routing under the stem is as clean as possible and at least can change the stem without having to call for a day off

https://www.decathlon.fr/p/velo-de-rout ... mc=8751169

shoes were also on available, but I had no more time to see / try them (no sign of helmet)

RDY

by RDY

I note they've changed the tire clearance spec on their website to 32mm. I had a back and forth with them last year about it, as it used to say 28mm, and they were insistent it was 28mm. After a few days they said they'd got word from up chain that it was indeed 28mm, but it was a little better than the FCR (which I note has remained 28mm on the website).

What is it really?

Also they should do the non-Pro frameset.

C36

by C36

The bike had 28mm Power Cups installed on a 23 IW rim and eyeballing it, it had plenty of space (I even found the chainstays to be quite thin around the tire), si I wouldn't be surprised to see 32 to fit.

picocassette

by picocassette

Potuch wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:08 pm
JayDee81 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:30 pm
Potuch wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:07 pm
someGuy wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:29 pm
does anyone know what kind of headset setup the rcr uses? c-ring? d-shaped steerer?
It uses deda s-dcr system. There is superbox stem but a little bit different than the stock one - different shape and different spacers.
Could you elaborate please? In case they actually let me buy the bike I'd need a longer stem and they don't offer the custom one.
Standard deda superbox used the same headset set up. In package with standard deda superbox superbox stem you receive spacers, top cap and everything you need. Then just buy deda s dcr headset for it. But ask in your decathlon if they can order the dedicated stem by their service system. Now it is possible. Ive just ordered 110mm. It is just not in regular sale.
Sorry if this was posted from a while back, but did the replacement stem that you ordered from Decathlon come with any additional hardware/replacement spacers, or is it just the stem itself?

rowdyyy

by rowdyyy

Is anywhere specified which type of BB the RCR uses?

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

I'm genuinely excited to see Decathlon stuff hit the US market. The world tour sponsorship marketing worked on me LOL.

matcav

by matcav

EtoDemerzel wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:16 am
I'm genuinely excited to see Decathlon stuff hit the US market. The world tour sponsorship marketing worked on me LOL.
It is available on the US store - although just one model/build:
https://www.decathlon.com/products/van- ... 2635543614

adrockwe

by adrockwe

I've unfortunately heard that these are very very (uncomfortably) stiff....can anyone confirm/comment?

RDY

by RDY

C36 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:26 pm
The bike had 28mm Power Cups installed on a 23 IW rim and eyeballing it, it had plenty of space (I even found the chainstays to be quite thin around the tire), si I wouldn't be surprised to see 32 to fit.
I guess it was just down to the general mess re: information around launch last year then.

But it makes the FCR look even more useless now. And I note they've already reduced it to a single model in most markets.

tiz92

by tiz92

How much does the frame actually weight? Is there info?

JayDee81

by JayDee81

picocassette wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:04 pm
Potuch wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:08 pm
JayDee81 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:30 pm
Potuch wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:07 pm

It uses deda s-dcr system. There is superbox stem but a little bit different than the stock one - different shape and different spacers.
Could you elaborate please? In case they actually let me buy the bike I'd need a longer stem and they don't offer the custom one.
Standard deda superbox used the same headset set up. In package with standard deda superbox superbox stem you receive spacers, top cap and everything you need. Then just buy deda s dcr headset for it. But ask in your decathlon if they can order the dedicated stem by their service system. Now it is possible. Ive just ordered 110mm. It is just not in regular sale.
Sorry if this was posted from a while back, but did the replacement stem that you ordered from Decathlon come with any additional hardware/replacement spacers, or is it just the stem itself?
It was just the stem for me. Even the cable holder underneath was missing.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

tiz92 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:53 am
How much does the frame actually weight? Is there info?
790gms, according to the Cade video above (8:28 in).
Attachments
IMG_0117.png
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Tour magazin: rcr

Weight size M, carbon (looks like no paint, only lacquer? or black)
911/384/51 Gramm

https://www.tour-magazin.de/rennraeder/ ... r-im-test/