Van Rysel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

At Sea Otter I was told that in addition to a high-end dealer network, the new bikes will indeed be sold to US customers DTC through Decathlon’s website once production volume improves. What won’t happen is being able to buy one at a US Decathlon brick & mortar location since all the pilot stores no longer exist.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

no47

by no47

Hi (first post)...Been admiring the look of the FCR since I saw it on insta.
Travelling back to the UK (from Australia) and then to France to follow Le Tour next month and planning on picking a bike up (from Uk or Europe) rather than bringing mine from Aus - also means I can pick a bike box alan up whilst Im back in UK rather than trying to get it shipped to Australia.
I was thinking of a Canyon Aeroad but having seen the FCR was edging towards that, but availability (for both) is pretty shocking at the moment. Im checking decathlon (UK & France) everyday but never any stock.
Was also hoping for a 'real world' review on the FCR before I commit to one, doesnt seem to be much around at the moment.
Be really good to see a review on the FCR before I commit - post above re build isn't confidence inspiring.

johnnylitro

by johnnylitro

Hi All,
My first post as well :). I am interested in RCR Force. I know very little about SRAM groupsets, but looking at a recent picture https://images.immediate.co.uk/producti ... 1239%2C826 from Sea Otter it seems it will have a PM?
Was the geometry already officially published or is this https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/van-rysel-rcr-2023/ some sort of speculation?

Ytse

by Ytse

According to Decathlon, FCR will be availale to order online (at least in my country) in the second half of July. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one, as the indigo blue version look stunning on the factory photos. Now I wonder if anyone had the privilege to test ride it and share some impressions. Did you find any online articles, etc?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

Ytse

by Ytse

no47 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:17 am
Travelling back to the UK (from Australia) and then to France to follow Le Tour next month and planning on picking a bike up (from Uk or Europe) rather than bringing mine from Aus - also means I can pick a bike box alan up whilst Im back in UK rather than trying to get it shipped to Australia.
I was thinking of a Canyon Aeroad but having seen the FCR was edging towards that, but availability (for both) is pretty shocking at the moment. Im checking decathlon (UK & France) everyday but never any stock.
Was also hoping for a 'real world' review on the FCR before I commit to one, doesnt seem to be much around at the moment.
Be really good to see a review on the FCR before I commit - post above re build isn't confidence inspiring.
You can sign up for email notification on Decathlon's site, so you'll get a message once they are available.
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

C36

by C36

Seems the RCR are being dropped at few magazines for test.
Seen the french Le Cycle posting about it on IG. They are not really a trustable source of feedback but yet curious.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cs_Yqn7g ... BiNWFlZA==

Not super excited by the mate black on black colour offered but some like the stealth approach.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Ytse wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:58 pm
no47 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:17 am
You can sign up for email notification on Decathlon's site, so you'll get a message once they are available.
They won't ever be available.

C36

by C36

Van Rysel RCR on Tour: 207W that is an impressive performance.

- as aero as the foil/ dogma F / SSevo4/ aeroad / cube litening (206/208w)
- ahead of sl7 (210w), Orca aero (212)
- way ahead TCR, adict, SSevo3, xelius
- within 2w of S5

A bit on the flexier side compared to others but not as flexi than latest SS fork.

Here tested with a 350mm bar so definitively play in their favour in the wind tunnel

alanyu

by alanyu

I like the overall shape of RCR, but that sharp corner of the stem end puts me off.

Alex222

by Alex222

What weight did it come in at?

C36

by C36

Alex222 wrote:What weight did it come in at?
Complete bike? 6.8 (w/o pedals)

C36

by C36

Duplication

Alex222

by Alex222

C36 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:33 pm
Thanks

alanyu

by alanyu

C36 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:33 pm
Actually 6.9 w/o pedals

C36

by C36

Thanks, need to correct my sheet!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com