Van Rysel 2023

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Leon wrote:Did you ever look the other way around? US companies do the same in the EU.
No I didn’t. It’s still disappointing, especially if a brand is trying to market themselves as being good value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Xabi

by Xabi

NotYou wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Xabi wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:56 pm
alanyu wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:10 am
Frame and fork weights are good, but the seatpost is too heavy.
Darimo can probably fix that issue.
Only if there is enough interest to warrant the effort of making the mold. And based on other threads, it can take quite some time for enough requests to come in.
It also remains to be seen if the RCR and the other models with the same seatpost are popular enough with the special kind of owners that share your interest in a lighter bike and are willing to fork out the necessary extra cash
It seems that decathlon is aiming at canyon's market, canyon is not the value it used to be, plus having a shop for warranty, fit, refunds... is great. When my canyon is done I will probably go for decathlon or Asia brands.

RooTheCyclist

by RooTheCyclist

Sent a message to Decathlon corporate asking if these would be coming to Australia but sadly the answer is no.

Hoping for a work trip to Europe in the near future in that case!

Tubercle

by Tubercle

Nickldn wrote:The problem with buying a Van Rysel is that you will be riding a Van Rysel.

I know this, I have a Vitus.
The good thing about riding Van Rysel is that when you are passing people riding S-works SL8 at Furka it will be on a decathlon bike

Tubercle

by Tubercle

Those looking at the rcr ultegra option, it comes with basically useless powermeter.

KalleWirsch

by KalleWirsch

Tubercle wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:33 pm
Those looking at the rcr ultegra option, it comes with basically useless powermeter.

Why useless?

eric01

by eric01

Shimano powermeter. They just can’t seem to get it right. Which is surprising given their size and acquisition of pioneer which — I never owned one — but seemed to be a decent one

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2023/02/shi ... y-bad.html
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

Devastazione

by Devastazione

Their RCR is hot ! It makes sense for them to be so aggressive in the USA since they'll pull out a great fight with Canyon. Here in Italy it's a brand way too associated with the Decathlon image (read cheap although decent stuff, totally unfashionable), but I look forward to see them hit the market here aswell, they will do great !

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Considering I would get my hands on the RCR, namely the Force version, what options would I have regarding changing the cockpit? I'd be also interested in a one piece cockpit for the cleanliness.
Anyway I would have to change at least the handlebar. I am still not sure whether M or L would be the better fit for me as I am currently riding the 2020 (older) TCR, size ML with 100 mm stem, 400 mm PRO bars and 20 mm spacer stack (including headset cover)

robeambro

by robeambro

One of the first bikes sold in Italy (just so we're clear, it's not my bike). First picture is upon purchase, second is when the owner realised that upon assembly at the factory, they forgot to fit lower headset bearings.

Probably was assembled during one of those days of Parisian strikes.. :lol:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Dit they forgot an actual bearing?

polpy

by polpy

robbosmans wrote:Dit they forgot an actual bearing?
Thats what he wrote ;)

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Tubercle wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:57 pm
Nickldn wrote:The problem with buying a Van Rysel is that you will be riding a Van Rysel.

I know this, I have a Vitus.
The good thing about riding Van Rysel is that when you are passing people riding S-works SL8 at Furka it will be on a decathlon bike

Sounds like you have a fragile ego.

C36

by C36

RCR launch will be end June or July. That’s what an Engineer told me this morning.

Renne

by Renne

C36 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 5:02 pm
RCR launch will be end June or July. That’s what an Engineer told me this morning.
Would make sense that a French brand would do a new product launch at the Tour de France.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com