Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Its a specialized concept store. No idea why they still have those venge frames.

And i can't remember any time, where shops over here had several sizes of different colorways in stock. Availability was always pretty limited. It was better at some points, but even then you couldn't just pick your favorite specialized dealer to order your preferred frameset.

joesch

by joesch

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:11 pm
Maybe not available directly through specialized, but many european shops have stock for sl7 framesets. Some even with a discount.
I was in a dutch specialized concept store last week and they had a complete wall full of sl7 frames. Even two new Venge framesets.
Same in italy a few weeks back. Lots of stock.

I would assume you can find every colorway in your size in europe if you invest 10min of time
As I said, these are all leftovers from previous model years-there is absolutely no structural inventory, and I even tried two concept stores. The framesets in the stores are usually prepaid, which is also why the stores often do not have framesets in multiple sizes in stock, but rather order them individually.

That said, I appreciate your optimism and would be more than happy to get a pointer for a 56 black/white Specialized SL7 frameset in Europe, if it is so easy. I have been looking for one for months and finally jumped ship for an Allez Sprint Disc frameset - but the Allez situation is no better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

I'd be very happy to grab one of those New-Old-Stock Venge frames in size 61 for half the price.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

otnemem

by otnemem

These stock issues have been known and ongoing for months. Don't read anything into it.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

I heard even if the SL8 shows its face at the TdF dont expect to see it in the store til next year..
I was looking for an S Works Crux for gravel racing, none at all in stock..spec USA on the phone even couldnt tell me anything except "hopefully by end of summer" for cross season...

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

About five months ago, I asked about a size 54 SL7 Tarmac Pro just out of curiousity in a store in the Bay Area. The guy looked it up in the computer and said there's 2 available in the whole country... That's ridiculous

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Crazy. Framesets and full builds for all Pro and S-Works are widely avaible with discount in Germany
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

caballero

by caballero

Same here in Japan (atleast Osaka) There is a wide availability of sl7s in complete or framesets. Some are even on sale ...

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

I think Spez prioritizes countries like Japan and Europe on supply. But other countries are all pre-orders on the highend bikes. I just ordered the new S-Works Epic World Cup bike and delivery is September. 🤞

eins4eins

by eins4eins

joesch wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:47 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Maybe not available directly through specialized, but many european shops have stock for sl7 framesets. Some even with a discount.
I was in a dutch specialized concept store last week and they had a complete wall full of sl7 frames. Even two new Venge framesets.

I would assume you can find every colorway in your size in europe if you invest 10min of time
As I said, these are all leftovers from previous model years-there is absolutely no structural inventory, and I even tried two concept stores. The framesets in the stores are usually prepaid, which is also why the stores often do not have framesets in multiple sizes in stock, but rather order them individually.

That said, I appreciate your optimism and would be more than happy to get a pointer for a 56 black/white Specialized SL7 frameset in Europe, if it is so easy. I have been looking for one for months and finally jumped ship for an Allez Sprint Disc frameset - but the Allez situation is no better.
with black/white you mean the granite/silver version?

https://www.f-bikestore.it/product/100/ ... ite-silver

bedampft

by bedampft

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:27 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Someone has Venge frames left? That's crazy. No offence but they must either be a terrible shop or just be terrible at marketing.

Also I think your links kinda prove the point that availability is low. No one's got more than one frame in one size in any given colour. That's quite abnormal!
Or maybe people have some sense and don't buy this overpriced stuff? Since the war started most tend to watch their spendings because everything got more expensive.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Aeo

by Aeo

joesch wrote:
56 black/white Specialized SL7 frameset in Europe
https://www.bikeexchange.de/a/rennrad-r ... /102593821
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

g32ecs

by g32ecs

caballero wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:41 am
Same here in Japan (atleast Osaka) There is a wide availability of sl7s in complete or framesets. Some are even on sale ...
Im in Canada.

Admittedly Im just getting back into road cycling and group riding so everything is new to me, but I havent seen a local post an SL7. The Canadian site has 0 availability

Trek on the otherhand is pretty good, from low to high end frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joesch

by joesch

Aeo wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:21 am
joesch wrote:
56 black/white Specialized SL7 frameset in Europe
https://www.bikeexchange.de/a/rennrad-r ... /102593821
Thanks - sorry, I was not 100% clear, I was referring to the Specialized (non S-Works) SL7 10r frameset in carbon/white (aka TARMAC SL7 10R FRMSET CARB/WHT and 74920-1056).