Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

abLEmiaB

by abLEmiaB

Good luck. I got one of those (size 58) last year in my country by searching the Specialized site. It was out of stock online but I put in random post codes and then rang companies who Specialized said had stock. The Specialized site and the stores weren't 100% synced but I found one eventually.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:53 am
caballero wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:41 am
Same here in Japan (atleast Osaka) There is a wide availability of sl7s in complete or framesets. Some are even on sale ...
Im in Canada.

Admittedly Im just getting back into road cycling and group riding so everything is new to me, but I havent seen a local post an SL7. The Canadian site has 0 availability

Trek on the otherhand is pretty good, from low to high end frames.
Yeah..we get screwed pretty hard... Spec Canada doesn't get alot of stuff , Im looking for a crux was told nope, we don't do frame sets... There are some options if you find one though... If you live close to the us border like I do in Winnipeg, you can order one and send it to a delivery address, then drive across..I had to do similar when I did my sl6 frameset years ago .. alternative to Europe is to purchase frame and get it sent to a forwarding company in that country and have them send it.. problem with that is you now pay that countries taxes , cat for example, and you get dinged for tax when it comes to Canada, and do you have the trust in the forwarding company doing their job and forwarding it..because once the shop you ordered from sees it's delivered to said company, it's out of their hands.... It's one reason I backed out if the crux that I did find...

Jaisen

by Jaisen

ParisCarbon wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:23 am
g32ecs wrote:
caballero wrote:
Same here in Japan (atleast Osaka) There is a wide availability of sl7s in complete or framesets. Some are even on sale ...
Im in Canada.

Admittedly Im just getting back into road cycling and group riding so everything is new to me, but I havent seen a local post an SL7. The Canadian site has 0 availability

Yeah..we get screwed pretty hard... Spec Canada doesn't get alot of stuff , Im looking for a crux was told nope, we don't do frame sets... There are some options if you find one though... If you live close to the us border like I do in Winnipeg, you can order one and send it to a delivery address, then drive across..I had to do similar when I did my sl6 frameset years ago .. alternative to Europe is to purchase frame and get it sent to a forwarding company in that country and have them send it.. problem with that is you now pay that countries taxes , cat for example, and you get dinged for tax when it comes to Canada, and do you have the trust in the forwarding company doing their job and forwarding it..because once the shop you ordered from sees it's delivered to said company, it's out of their hands.... It's one reason I backed out if the crux that I did find...
Sometimes the bike shops can ship directly to you, the place I ordered my SL7 had it delivered to me in Canada. But I was ready to drive across the border if they couldn't. I paid about 300$ CAD to get it delivered across the border, so it can be worthwhile.

Aeo

by Aeo

Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Vuong05

by Vuong05

ParisCarbon wrote:
g32ecs wrote:
caballero wrote:
Im in Canada.

Yeah, we definitely get screwed in Canada by Specialized. Had to get my Allez Sprint frameset deliveried to a US address near the border and drvie across to pick it up.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

By the way what would be decent price for a second hand sl7 frame ?
simply blabla-ing

TLN

by TLN

KarlGLS wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:29 pm
I've seen some SL7 frames around $2.4-2.6k USD last year. Almost pulled a trigger.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

I Need one in 52
simply blabla-ing

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

TLN wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:34 pm
KarlGLS wrote:
I've seen some SL7 frames around $2.4-2.6k USD last year. Almost pulled a trigger.
S-works or non?

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

S works yes.
simply blabla-ing

TLN

by TLN

justkeepedaling wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 pm
TLN wrote:
KarlGLS wrote:
S-works or non?
Regular.
I don't think I saw S-Works below $3.5k.
And this is how I ended up with my Orbea
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

g32ecs

by g32ecs

TLN wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 pm
justkeepedaling wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 pm
TLN wrote:
KarlGLS wrote:
S-works or non?
Regular.
I don't think I saw S-Works below $3.5k.
And this is how I ended up with my Orbea
If anyone can direct me to a 49/52 Id appreciate it. eBay and my FB groups dont have any atm

There's a number of Aethos on eBay but I cant get over the cables. Aesthetics play a big role in my purchase

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Jaisen wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:36 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
g32ecs wrote:
caballero wrote:
Im in Canada.

Sometimes the bike shops can ship directly to you, the place I ordered my SL7 had it delivered to me in Canada. But I was ready to drive across the border if they couldn't. I paid about 300$ CAD to get it delivered across the border, so it can be worthwhile.

AFAIK only concept stores can do it correct?

The last time I enquired was an SL5 Sagan ed way back. Canada never got their allotment so I asked a shop near Toronto if they can get one and said yes. I didnt pull the trigger but I was happy to know they could

*they got that Tom Boonen Roubaix frame before which I think Canada never got an allotment. It was the Pearl white with Gold accents. Their mech bastardized it with flat bars 😂

Jaisen

by Jaisen

g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:20 pm
Jaisen wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
g32ecs wrote:

Im in Canada.

The last time I enquired was an SL5 Sagan ed way back. Canada never got their allotment so I asked a shop near Toronto if they can get one and said yes. I didnt pull the trigger but I was happy to know they could

*they got that Tom Boonen Roubaix frame before which I think Canada never got an allotment. It was the Pearl white with Gold accents. Their mech bastardized it with flat bars 😂
For me I used Strictly Cycling Collective, based around New York, and they shipped across the border to me in Toronto. Maybe things changed since back in the SL5 times.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

g32ecs wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:20 pm
Jaisen wrote:
ParisCarbon wrote:
g32ecs wrote:

Im in Canada.

I emailed the concept store in UK asking about a frameset, and I got the same response as what Sigma gave me with the Crux... we'll send it to a delivery point, after that, its out of our hands... THe place I am looking at in the states with the Crux late summer told me similar, we can't ship to Canada, but we can ship to a US address... Spec Canada will honor warranty though, so its not like you're out of luck for that...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com