Semi-integrated hose routing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jch3n

by jch3n

Just swapped handlebars and the resulting hose routing on my bike's semi-integrated front end feels a bit...exposed. Maybe I'm being picky, but it just seems like there should be a be a better way to get the hoses better tucked under the stem. At this point, I don't think I have enough remaining slack to make it any better but is there a proper way to route and tuck the hoses for future reference if and when I need to re-hose things?

On a related note, does anyone know of a stem with a channel or cover under it that isn't a boat anchor?
Attachments
IMG_5922.jpg
IMG_5923.jpg
IMG_5924.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

Doesn't seem that you have much slack left, but there're stems with channel underneath (Specialized, Orbea, BMC for example) and complete systems (FSA ACR, Deda DCR). You may need to swap top bearing for fully seamless routing. I'd suggest doing that after you're 100% happy with your fit.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Longer hoses zip tied under where the bars clamp will go a long way to tidying things up. I've left mine too long while I adjust fit but you can still only really see them from the front.

My SL7 stem (last pic) has a tidy clip underneath for holding the hoses together. Would love to know if there's a more elegant solution than a zip tie to do something similar with any stem (without drilling it!)ImageImageImageImage