Enve Integrated Road Disc Fork Question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tharmor

by tharmor

I know that info on these is relatively limited but I did find this website with a lot of information. I need help interpreting it potentially for an upcoming project:

https://www.elitecustom.sg/blogs/news/i ... oad-system

My question is - Provided that the frame accepts a fork steerer tube of 1 1/8 tapered to 1 1/2, can this simply plug and play with frame?

Here’s an example:

The 3T Racemax has a fork which matches the same size of the Enve fork. Does that mean that the bearings that come with the fork will fit or are all carbon frames built around the measurements of the bearings and not the steerer tube?

The Enve system come with IS52 both top and bottom unless you’re dealing with a metal frame (which won’t apply to me). The Racemax frame comes stock with IS41/42. This is a language I am not fluent in.

I ask because routing the cables internally on a Racemax has been kicking around in my head for sometime and my curiosity is getting the better of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

In your example with 3T, they all have very specific headtube/fork interfaces. If you look up the details on their very short axle-to-crown measurements, you'll find that there are no alternative for forks. The best you can do is wait for a refresh; à la Strada ICR.

tharmor

by tharmor

I’m not sure how the new Strada slipped under my radar but that is the proof I need for 3T to have decided to head in the full intervention direction. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk