Carbon paste - what do you use and what works?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Weightweenies = lightweight stuff = requires the best carbon paste for low torque bolts

What carbon paste have you found to be the best?

I use Motorex carbon paste right now which I found to be working really good. I also know Muc off pink carbon paste is excellent for difficult seatpost.
Tried Fenwick from Wiggle but it was not as good especially not on high end parts requiring lower torque on the bolts.

Anyone who has experience with Effetto Carbogrip? Either spray or 3ml resin packs.
https://www.effettomariposa.eu/products ... mbly-resin

I bought the Effetto but yet to try it, would like to hear your opinions of you have tried it :)

AJS914

by AJS914

You use carbon paste on bolts? Carbon paste is just grease with some grit inside to create friction.

I wouldn't be wooed by overpriced grease like carbogrip or most products like these marketed to bicycle nerds.

I bought a tube of Mobile 1 synthetic grease for like $3 around 20 years ago and I'm still using it. I think the same tube is $8 today. You can find it in the automotive supply area. I have a small tube of Park carbon paste which I use for surfaces that might slip - like seatposts or handlebars and that is lasting forever since my stable of 4 bikes doesn't need it very often.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

I have been using Finish Line Fiber Grip for years. Works great. No issues with Extralight stems, AX stems, Darimo post. Thats all we would use at the shop and never had customers with issues.

MikeD

by MikeD

Isn't there carbon paste without grit? Grit will ruin surface finish. I think Ritchey may make one, maybe Tackx.

unclearv

by unclearv

MikeD wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:27 pm
Isn't there carbon paste without grit? Grit will ruin surface finish. I think Ritchey may make one, maybe Tackx.
Motorex

Hexsense

by Hexsense

unclearv wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:39 pm
MikeD wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:27 pm
Motorex
That, or Effetto Mariposa Carbogrip.
If you can, buy the blister version. I bought the spray bottle and it's annoying to occasionally use it. Because it clog up the nozzle a lot after sometime resting no used.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Motorex.