Ekoi Ar-14 weird fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tireheb

by tireheb

just got an ekoi ar-14 through the mail today and i dont know if its me (of course it is), but it just fits badly.
i get a lot of space to the sides of the head, as shown in the pictures posted bellow, its so much space that i can fit a finger in between the helmet and my head. from fron to back it fits perfectly. so i just guess tekoi helmets are for people with more round heads (and mine is more zeppelin shaped when looked fro abovw (sorry didnt have another word to describe my head here). anyone else had problems with ekoi helmets? ive used specialized, giro before with great fit and bontrager with ok fit.

one thing though, i checked the helmet quick as im living between 2 houses, it did come with some set of little pads that i dont know if will make so much of a difference, for sure i will check that out next time im with the helmet.
thanks people, im thinking on returning it, it just feels weird.
Ekoi_Aug19-casque_ekoi_ar14_blanc.jpg
ekoi_ar14_5.jpg
Last edited by tireheb on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tireheb

by tireheb

me bumping again, ok,i can live with the weird fit, comparing it with my old helmet (Specialized) its not so much as i initially though, not the best but usable..
the thing is that now i realize the buckle system it has is big and uncomfortable (under the chin), really no one else has had problems with this? cause damn its big. any input is welcomed, i think i will only buy helmets at stores now. not so cool

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

If the helmet doesn't fit don't wear it.
I wouldn't want to make compromises when it comes to safety equipment ....

devil

by devil

Agree, just return it. You do not have to use it if it does not fit.
I use it and quite like it. I use XL for winter riding with a small hat undeneath, and in summer I use the control buckle on the back to squeeze it.

tireheb

by tireheb

devil wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:54 am
Agree, just return it. You do not have to use it if it does not fit.
I use it and quite like it. I use XL for winter riding with a small hat undeneath, and in summer I use the control buckle on the back to squeeze it.
the buckle underneath the chin doesnt bother you? thanks