Broken stupid bianchi handlebars on their stupid aero bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robeambro

by robeambro

2 bars snapping at the exact same spot in 2 crashes is not a great look in my books. And this comes after launching a bike with air deflectors that save nearly nil watts and pros can't use.

Not that I would've ever purchased that thing, even if it performed admirably it looks utterly disgusting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:56 pm
bikeboy1tr wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 pm
spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:27 pm
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hugo-h ... gp-denain/

Not only are they absurdly wide (44cm bars on the 120mm stem), apparently they're weak too.

Fail

This trend of proprietary, too-wide "aero" cockpits is pure pandering to freds and wanna-bes and needs to stop!
So how wide is too wide? Why would they offer this combo if its so absurd? Is it only Freds and Wanna=Be ppl riding this combo. Is it a quality issue with that particular bar/stem combo or are all 44/120 combos a poor quality choice?
And if your wondering yes I do ride a 120/44 combo but my names not Fred ffs.
44cm bars are ridiculously wide and are a poor choice if you want to go fast. Why buy an aero bike then throw away all the watts the bike provides and then some py putting the rider in a crappy position? Why would they offer the combo? Cause people are buying the bike for looks or cool factor and aren't serious about going fast. No serious person is going to use wider than 40cm on an aero bike and even that's too wide IMO.

Point is bianchi has jumped the shark with this bike.

Don't be such a snob. People can ride what they like, when they like, where they like. The day you start paying for their bikes you can decide what they ride.

I am so over this endless sneering at other people's bike choices.

spartacus

by spartacus

guyc wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:20 pm
spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:56 pm
bikeboy1tr wrote:
spartacus wrote:

Not only are they absurdly wide (44cm bars on the 120mm stem), apparently they're weak too.

Fail

This trend of proprietary, too-wide "aero" cockpits is pure pandering to freds and wanna-bes and needs to stop!
So how wide is too wide? Why would they offer this combo if its so absurd? Is it only Freds and Wanna=Be ppl riding this combo. Is it a quality issue with that particular bar/stem combo or are all 44/120 combos a poor quality choice?
44cm bars are ridiculously wide and are a poor choice if you want to go fast. Why buy an aero bike then throw away all the watts the bike provides and then some py putting the rider in a crappy position? Why would they offer the combo? Cause people are buying the bike for looks or cool factor and aren't serious about going fast. No serious person is going to use wider than 40cm on an aero bike and even that's too wide IMO.

Point is bianchi has jumped the shark with this bike.

Don't be such a snob. People can ride what they like, when they like, where they like. The day you start paying for their bikes you can decide what they ride.

I am so over this endless sneering at other people's bike choices.
People can do what they want but it's obnoxius when companies are completely tone deaf about coming out with "aero" bikes with cockpits you can't change with sizes that don't make sense. I actually know someone who is stuck with a team bike that has the wrong sized cockpit for this reason.

RDY

by RDY

Bianchi have been absolute trash for years now, and some would argue, deathtraps. This incident and the new bike's ridiculous design doesn't do much to alter that perception.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

spartacus wrote:

Fail

This feels very out of place on a forum that was originally dedicated to people chasing needlessly featherweight parts with low rider weight limits.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

How would a Darimo bar handle a crash?

Also remember when Geraint Thomas bodyslammed Moscon’s Dogma while it was half lying on top of Mike Woods? People in here were literally calling that frame a POS because it shattered into 3 pieces. Some things never change.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

thirdsun wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:07 pm
ultimobici wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:53 pm
spartacus wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:48 pm
Must have missed that part, and the part where everyone elses bars also broke in the crashes.
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes your bars snap. MVDP didn't even need to crash for his to break!
As far as I remember that bike was involved in a (minor?) crash/collision before the incident: https://www.cyclingtips.com/2021/03/ct- ... g-forward/
that was to cover the ass..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

glepore

by glepore

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:32 am
How would a Darimo bar handle a crash?

Also remember when Geraint Thomas bodyslammed Moscon’s Dogma while it was half lying on top of Mike Woods? People in here were literally calling that frame a POS because it shattered into 3 pieces. Some things never change.
Word
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

eric01

by eric01

BenCousins wrote:
spartacus wrote:

Fail

This feels very out of place on a forum that was originally dedicated to people chasing needlessly featherweight parts with low rider weight limits.
You can be obsessed with marginal gains without dumping on other peoples choices and being a snob.

And to the op, don’t forget that wannabes and freds are where bike companies make their money. The “elite” market is tiny.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

eric01 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:51 am

You can be obsessed with marginal gains without dumping on other peoples choices and being a snob.

And to the op, don’t forget that wannabes and freds are where bike companies make their money. The “elite” market is tiny.

Dumping on Bianchi and their fans is precisely what spartacus is doing, and without much supporting evidence.

On the other hand BenCousins is just pointing out how funny it is to use this forum to bag on a component that may or may not have traded away strength for weight savings.

ABogle

by ABogle

It looks like some dodgy £800 aliexpress aero frameset, I cannot fathom how Bianchi could produce such a disgusting abomination, spawn of sin.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:02 am
On the other hand BenCousins is just pointing out how funny it is to use this forum to bag on a component that may or may not have traded away strength for weight savings.
Bagging on an integrated bar/stem that comes in fewer size options than the bike frame does though, totally legit!

BenCousins

by BenCousins

'I don't want something so I'm going to be angry it's on the market even though there are countless other options'.

guyc

by guyc

My take. We're all Freds and wannabes compared to the pros. Anyone here with a pro win is excluded.

It's not what you ride, it's that you ride.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

bikeboy1tr wrote:
spartacus wrote:

Fail

What even is a "Fred"? is it like that stupid "Boomer" thing that people say?
Although those people who won pro races on 44cm bars, idiots! Imagine if they'd used 38's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com