BBInfinite

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I use/have used 609 pretty extensively for customers(usually Cervelo, and TrekBB90) and my own stuff. A lot of the removal process is dependant on the initial application. When applied sparingly like a film of grease to a cup or bearing and leaving the bore dry, it works acceptably to prevent rotation, etc and does not require excessive force to remove.
When applied in greater quantities to both mating surfaces as a gap filler AND retainer it requires more force to remove. Nothing problematic or stress inducing.....just more force.
Cure time plays a big role too. If you allow only the minimum 10 minutes it works but is easier to remove compared to a 24hr or longer cure time.
Go for it! Whichever way you need to use it. You won't destroy anything.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

naavt

by naavt

otnemem wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:22 am
Bought a BB86 to 30mm from them for a project that was recently put on hold (IMO and as far as I was able to research, theirs seems to be the best solution to a crappy conundrum).
Can only speak to the quality and craftsmanship which is second to none - you get what you pay for.
They are also notorious for helping out people with issues and problems that they have nothing to do with so it's aces all-around.
Great to read this!! I'm in the same boat and thinking to replace my BB86/30 cups for a BBInfinite. Just tired of the creeking BS with regular cups, even if these ones are Kogel and prior to these where C-Bear, two well known brands commonly associated with pristine products.

To their merit I aknowledge that the BB86/30 is an horrible match for things to work properly so... again, good to know that this will worlk if I go this route.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

I installed a BBInfinite BB86 \ DUB bottom bracket on my road bike and the performance (and lack of creaking) was fantastic.
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

naavt wrote:
otnemem wrote:
Bought a BB86 to 30mm from them for a project that was recently put on hold (IMO and as far as I was able to research, theirs seems to be the best solution to a crappy conundrum).
Can only speak to the quality and craftsmanship which is second to none - you get what you pay for.
They are also notorious for helping out people with issues and problems that they have nothing to do with so it's aces all-around.
Great to read this!! I'm in the same boat and thinking to replace my BB86/30 cups for a BBInfinite. Just tired of the creeking BS with regular cups, even if these ones are Kogel and prior to these where C-Bear, two well known brands commonly associated with pristine products.

To their merit I aknowledge that the BB86/30 is an horrible match for things to work properly so... again, good to know that this will worlk if I go this route.
It's not a horrible match most of the time. You just hear a lot more about "out of spec frames" usually from single piece bb sellers.

Never cheer before you know who is winning

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I thought it was kind of weird that the BBInfinite T47 BBs use 4030 bearings ant not 6806s or even 4130s.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

I have the BB Infiniti T47 BB for my 23’ Emonda SLR and for some reason it has an audible clicking when under moderate to heavy load. I’ve also noticed a decent amount of lateral movement even when the crank is fully tighten to spec.

Odd considering my other personal experiences with their products were great.

:)
:beerchug:

edchristoph

by edchristoph

kode54 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:25 pm
Aeo wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:14 pm
BB86 and BB92 are symmetric designs, you can press in the Hambini BB from either side (not sure about BBInfinite, but probably the same thing applies)
Thus, choose wisely when installing for which side provides the better interface for removal with a receiver cup.

Search for 50mm (~2 inch) diameter PVC pressure tubing if you want to create a cheap extractor
Good point. I didn't even think about that. I suppose you have to put something on the open back end...maybe even using a flat PVC and glue it.
You will need something stiffer than a flat PVC piece. I'd rather put on a receiver cup like the red one shown in the picture below.

This cup is originally from the Wheelsmfg BB extraction kit. The black plastc drivers are the ones coming with the BBinfinite module.
Last edited by edchristoph on Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

otnemem

by otnemem

wheelbuilder wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 am
naavt wrote:
otnemem wrote:

It's not a horrible match most of the time. You just hear a lot more about "out of spec frames" usually from single piece bb sellers.

I think he meant bearing size vs. shell available space. BB86 rules out bigger bearings which would theoretically last longer and perform better. There are direct press fit bearings for this purpose (THM for example) but chances are it's going to be a creaking party everyday due to lack of lateral rigidity (plus shell spec probably).

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Hi all, looking at options for a BB solution to the Praxis Alba crank recently installed on the gravel bike.

As much as I HATE proprietary stuff, stuck with the 28ID bearing from praxis OR use the BBinfinite solution of the 30mm bearing and the sleeve.

But for us Aussies, the exchange rate and the shipping cost (US$56 !!!!) makes it REALLY expensive. And still then stuck with their 4030 bearings which can't be sourced elsewhere.

I know they are good, but are they 5-6x better than the std Praxis BB (it's a BSA threaded frame). ?

Cheers

MichaelB

by MichaelB

MichaelB wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:04 am
Hi all, looking at options for a BB solution to the Praxis Alba crank recently installed on the gravel bike.

As much as I HATE proprietary stuff, stuck with the 28ID bearing from praxis OR use the BBinfinite solution of the 30mm bearing and the sleeve.

But for us Aussies, the exchange rate and the shipping cost (US$56 !!!!) makes it REALLY expensive. And still then stuck with their 4030 bearings which can't be sourced elsewhere.

I know they are good, but are they 5-6x better than the std Praxis BB (it's a BSA threaded frame). ?

Cheers
A bit more digging, and a post from a fellow WW (@ryanw) pointed out that the 4030 bearings that are used can be found just about anywhere, but under the Part Number MR3040H7-2RS, or also known as SRAM Dub bearings.

Whether they actually are the same quality as the BBInfite 4030's, who knows, but at least they are a more affordable replacement and for me, available locally without a huge postage cost - A$60 vs A$190 !!

idickers

by idickers

I'm very interested in these bottom brackets. Can someone compare them to current Dura Ace or Campy Record/Super Record BBs? What would you notice different?

ms6073

by ms6073

FLtrooper wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:55 am
I have the BB Infiniti T47 BB for my 23’ Emonda SLR and for some reason it has an audible clicking when under moderate to heavy load. I’ve also noticed a decent amount of lateral movement even when the crank is fully tighten to spec.
Has it been so long that everyone forgot that threaded bottom brackets could also have issues with clicking? I would suggest applying a couple wraps of teflon plumbers tape on the threads of the bottom bracket to help eliminate the creaking issue.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

FLtrooper wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:55 am

Odd considering my other personal experiences with their products were great.

:)

What crankset and what do you mean by fully tightened to spec? Let's say there is some play in the bearings themselves. Preload would remove it.