Cybrei carbon crankset & carbon chainrings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cannondale7om

by cannondale7om

alanyu wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:01 am
The crank is a rebranded Neutron, which had a lot of failure.

Did they improve the design? Let time tell.
Just wonder have you ever seen a Neutron crankset? Because they are totally different. Whatever from the spindle or the crankarm.

The Cybrei crankset is their own design, featured a 29mm spindle and Easton type spider interface.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LRB23

by LRB23

Has anyone brought one from Panada Podium? Any personal reviews?

I’m interested into how these compare as the stats are pretty decent. Was looking at Easton EC90SL with Cinch chainrings but the Cybrei crankset is at least 100 grams lighter for possibly the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

Anyone have experience with these cranks? Good? bad?

:)
:beerchug:

LRB23

by LRB23

cannondale7om wrote:The glossy crank and carbon chainring looks really good under the sunlight! :beerchug:
How are you getting on with your Cybrei crank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cannondale7om

by cannondale7om

LRB23 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:25 am
cannondale7om wrote:The glossy crank and carbon chainring looks really good under the sunlight! :beerchug:
How are you getting on with your Cybrei crank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have done over 5000 km on the crankset now, it performs quite well, no issue come out

LRB23

by LRB23

When you say quite well, are there any weaknesses? How does it compare to a conventional shimano crank

cannondale7om

by cannondale7om

LRB23 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:17 pm
When you say quite well, are there any weaknesses? How does it compare to a conventional shimano crank

I don't think there is any weaknesses... The only thing don't like is their lock ring to secure the spider is quite hard to install - But you only need to install them once, so that is not a big issue.
It is been a long time since the last time I am running a Shimano crankset, back in many years ago I had a R6800 crankset, and didn't use it for too long before I switched to the Sram ones. Shimano is good at making groupsets but I just think their cranks are too heavy, and impossible to get a spider based power meter on them. The Cybrei crankset is light and stiff, compatible with spider based power meters, during the 5000 km they never came loose or make any noise, so I guess I can call it a good product.

gurk700

by gurk700

Just wanted to drop in to say I've been using a cybrei crankset on my bike with 0 issues for a few months now.
I was extremely disappointed when I first tried to install it because it was so tight in the bearings that once installed, I could barely turn the cranks.
I contacted joe (panda podium / china cycling) and he personally shot a video of an employee's bike that is exactly same as mine. His cranks spinned like crazy. So he suggested I look into measuring the BB and trying another one.
Sure enough, it was the BB tolerance that was f'ed up. My new BB worked perfectly. Crankarm was actually perfect spec. something crazy like 0.01mm less than what it's supposed to be.
Even when he suggested I should try a new BB he said he's totally gonna make it right if that doesn't work either.

So anyway. Great customer support when you buy from pandapodium and 0 issues with the crank itself here. It's pretty refreshing after my aliexpress lightweight crankset before this broke within 2 rides.

To be fully transparent though if I was in the market today I'd go for Incolor Skypivot crank. It looks similar, but has an option for 24mm shimano style Ti axle. I prefer that to dub format. Being able to switch back and forth with shimano crankarms without changing BB is a great thing for me.

poulhansen

by poulhansen

I decided against carbon rings as a Extralite Octaramp 50/34 in aluminium weighs only 94 g.
Cannondale Super Six HiMod 2017 6.7 kg
Cannondale six13, 2004, 5.50kg
Focus Izalco Max, 2023 4.418 kg

gurk700

by gurk700

^ I should've added. I also only use their cranks and not their chainrings. Opted for Extralite Octaramps as well for weight / looks / etc.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

gurk700 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:29 pm
Just wanted to drop in to say I've been using a cybrei crankset on my bike with 0 issues for a few months now.
I was extremely disappointed when I first tried to install it because it was so tight in the bearings that once installed, I could barely turn the cranks.
I contacted joe (panda podium / china cycling) and he personally shot a video of an employee's bike that is exactly same as mine. His cranks spinned like crazy. So he suggested I look into measuring the BB and trying another one.
Sure enough, it was the BB tolerance that was f'ed up. My new BB worked perfectly. Crankarm was actually perfect spec. something crazy like 0.01mm less than what it's supposed to be.
Even when he suggested I should try a new BB he said he's totally gonna make it right if that doesn't work either.

So anyway. Great customer support when you buy from pandapodium and 0 issues with the crank itself here. It's pretty refreshing after my aliexpress lightweight crankset before this broke within 2 rides.

To be fully transparent though if I was in the market today I'd go for Incolor Skypivot crank. It looks similar, but has an option for 24mm shimano style Ti axle. I prefer that to dub format. Being able to switch back and forth with shimano crankarms without changing BB is a great thing for me.
Aha, good to see you on here too. :)

We'll try our best to make any customer's experience right. The bike industry is a bit of the wild west though. For example; like your pooly rotating crank... is it the crank... is it the bottom bracket... is it the frame...? All these parties try to pass the buck to each other and it can be hard to see where the actual problem is.

And yeah., Skypivot is also a good choice. I prefer bigger spindles, but if you have BB86 or similar and already have a nice 24mm bottom bracket, then the 24mm titanium version is a good choice.

LRB23

by LRB23

gurk700 wrote:Just wanted to drop in to say I've been using a cybrei crankset on my bike with 0 issues for a few months now.

Would you mind posting some real world photos of the crank?

gurk700

by gurk700

LRB23 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:33 pm
gurk700 wrote:Just wanted to drop in to say I've been using a cybrei crankset on my bike with 0 issues for a few months now.

Not the best photos but hope this helps

LRB23

by LRB23

gurk700 wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:33 pm

Not the best photos but hope this helps

Thanks buddy.

That’s a crazy light set up you have. Chapeau

gurk700

by gurk700

LRB23 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:36 am

That’s a crazy light set up you have. Chapeau

Sold it though.