The One Pro Integrated handlebar

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Anybody have experience with these? They look really nice and a lot cheaper than other offerings from Farsports and EXS. And good options for widths and stem length (for me at least, I'm sure some people want 36s). Claimed 394g in the width/length I'm looking at which isn't light, but not bad for an aero bar and still quite a bit lighter than the chunky Tarmac stem with the Aerofly (which was like 430g). And they have various spacers to fit different frames including the SL7, Emonda, Pinarello, and SuperSix. The two links are the same bar, the more expensive one comes with the specific frame spacer, so about $35 more just for the spacer.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568033 ... _shipto=US

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568045 ... _shipto=US

There's also these Bigrock that go down to 36 for slightly cheaper.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568044 ... _shipto=US
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

F45

by F45

These seem to be like all the other one pieces out there - no -17deg stem and no lighter than a light stem and light carbon bar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

F45 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:01 am
These seem to be like all the other one pieces out there - no -17deg stem and no lighter than a light stem and light carbon bar.
And? I'm not sure I get your point. It's an integrated aero bar, it's not trying to be super light. And if you know of a bar/stem that integrates with an SL7 that is lighter, I'm all ears. The only one on the horizen is the new Roval cockpit and is not available and likely 3x the price.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

C36

by C36

F45 wrote:These seem to be like all the other one pieces out there - no -17deg stem and no lighter than a light stem and light carbon bar.
Beside the Bontrager xxx or Darimo, No combo has ever been lighter than combined stem and bar. Seems a combos structure is too restricted in shape and multiple attachment constraints (hoods clamping, pivot clamping…) to have the same gains we had on frames over the las 20 years…
The only know options that allow what you seem to look for would be Darimo nexus or Parlee bonding together your provided stem with your provided bar.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

I actually have both The One Pro and Bigrock.
Bigrock top flat surface is not broad enough for me. It feels tiny like a round bar squished into flat oval. I can even wrap my hand around the bar top, if you wonder how small its top is.
When I use the top, I want to rest my hand entirely on top of the bar, not just a partial part of the palm. As such, I prefer a broader flat top front to back to spread the weight in a bigger area.

The One Pro's top is flatter and broader. The shape pass my requirement. However, I took it off my bike too because 38cm is too wide.
CVT01200.JPG
Went back to Enve Ses Aero road bar which is 35cm at the shifters.

Why can't we have more broad-flat-top 36cm and 34cm integrated bar...
Last edited by Hexsense on Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:25 pm
Bigrock top flat surface is not broad enough for me. It feels tiny like a round bar squished into flat oval. I can even wrap my hand around the bar top, if you wonder how small its top is.
When I use the top, I want to rest my hand entirely on top of the bar, not just a partial part of the palm. As such, I prefer a broader flat top front to back to spread the weight in a bigger area. Let me know if anyone in the USA want to buy my almost new 36cm 100mm one.

The One Pro's top is flatter and broader. The shape pass my requirement. However, I took it off my bike too because 38cm is too wide.
CVT01200.JPG

Thanks for the quick review. The One Pro may fit my needs as I only need a 40 width. The smaller tops on the Bigrock isn't what I'm looking for either.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:25 pm
When I use the top, I want to rest my hand entirely on top of the bar, not just a partial part of the palm. As such, I prefer a broader flat top front to back to spread the weight in a bigger area. Let me know if anyone in the USA want to buy my almost new 36cm 100mm one.

CVT01200.JPG

Hi, re: The One Pro bars.... do you have a measurement for how wide the tops are (fore to aft), and how thick (depth) is the bar at the front? It's always hard to tell from Ali photos....
Thanks!

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I ordered the bars on the weekend.
Currently running a bar stem combo in 130/380mm with 67mm reach and R8070 Shifters. Ordered the Pro One Bar in 120/380mm. They're supposed to have 77mm reach and i'm gonna install R8170 Shifters with them. Should result in a slightly longer position.

My bike has a FSA ACR headset and the pictures on aliexpress show the bar perfectly fitting the merida reacto, which has the same headset. It seems the bikes shown makes use of the top cover supplied with the bars and not the standard FSA top cover. Not sure which compression ring though. I hope i can get the same fit on my bike.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Kurt1980 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:02 am
Hi, re: The One Pro bars.... do you have a measurement for how wide the tops are (fore to aft), and how thick (depth) is the bar at the front? It's always hard to tell from Ali photos....
Thanks!
Sorry, I cannot answer that.
I gave the bar to a friend, and he currently is overseas. So I have no way to get to the bar to measure it.

Kurt1980

by Kurt1980

Hexsense wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:20 pm
Kurt1980 wrote:
Thanks!
Sorry, I cannot answer that.
I gave the bar to a friend, and he currently is overseas. So I have no way to get to the bar to measure it.
No worries.

Anyone else who sees this thread, and has measurements of the bar, please let me know what they are.

Kurt

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

LanceLegstrong wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am
F45 wrote:
And? I'm not sure I get your point. It's an integrated aero bar, it's not trying to be super light. And if you know of a bar/stem that integrates with an SL7 that is lighter, I'm all ears. The only one on the horizen is the new Roval cockpit and is not available and likely 3x the price.
You said 394g? My Bonti RSL VR-C is 285g. They're currently gaining a little weight during the recall, but should still save almost 100g compared to 394g. It also routes perfectly for SL7/Venge entry points.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

C36 wrote:
F45 wrote:These seem to be like all the other one pieces out there - no -17deg stem and no lighter than a light stem and light carbon bar.
Beside the Bontrager xxx or Darimo, No combo has ever been lighter than combined stem and bar. Seems a combos structure is too restricted in shape and multiple attachment constraints (hoods clamping, pivot clamping…) to have the same gains we had on frames over the las 20 years…
The only know options that allow what you seem to look for would be Darimo nexus or Parlee bonding together your provided stem with your provided bar.
I have a yoeleo h10 integrated bar and it weights 315g, it's hard to beat this even with a light weight bar/stem combo unless you spend loooots of money

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:50 pm
LanceLegstrong wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:37 am
F45 wrote:
You said 394g? My Bonti RSL VR-C is 285g. They're currently gaining a little weight during the recall, but should still save almost 100g compared to 394g. It also routes perfectly for SL7/Venge entry points.
Apart from the price being 3x as much, I just won't get along with that massive reach. It's a good looking bar but I'd rather save my money and get full hidden cables.
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

Kurt1980 wrote:
Thanks!
368g in 40cm/120mm. Really well made bar from what I can see. Tops aren't super flat like the Aerofly II (which I hated), feel pretty good to hold on to. Hope to get it mounted up soon.

Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

rcrowley

by rcrowley

I have nothing to add to the handlebar discussion but OP's handle has me cackling. A+

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com